- What is a bad relationship?
- 1. Dominance by your partner is a sign of a bad relationship
- 2. Feeling uncomfortable around your partner is a sign of a bad relationship
- 3. Your partner humiliates you in public
- 4. If your partner is possessive, then it could be a sign of a bad relationship
- 5. Fighting all the time is a surefire sign of an unhealthy relationship
- 6. If your partner constantly asks you for money, then it should warn you of an unhealthy relationship
- 7. Your partner constantly refusing to talk about important future decisions should warn you of his or her intentions
- 8. You are the last on his priority list
- 9. Your partner does not share the household expenses
- 10. A relationship won't last if your partner often lies to you
- 11. You have not made love in a long time
- 12. Too much drama is a sign of an unhealthy relationship
- 13. If you often think of a life without him, then maybe your relationship is unhealthy
- 14. Take it as a warning sign if your partner criticizes you often
- 15. Does your partner manipulate you often?
- 16. You don't come to him for emotional support
- 17. Your partner does not express happiness with your success
- 18. Your partner does not call you for days while traveling abroad
- 19. Your partner goes out for all hours without giving you any explanations
- 20. You feel lonely with your partner
What is a bad relationship?
Some relationships do not stand the test of times and turn so sour and bitter with the time that one needs to walk out from them in order to maintain the sanity of their minds. If you and your partner have a few bitter fights every few months, then that does not sum up to be a bad relationship. Fighting is normal and healthy. As they say, 'You only fight with the ones you love!' A bad relationship is even worse. When your partner ceases to show interest in you or becomes indifferent to your presence, it could mean that you have a bad relationship. Sometimes, one partner dominates the other partner to extremes and even resorts to physical violence. Such a relationship can also be called a bad relationship. We all want to feel loved and safe in our relationships, but when we do not fail safe in each other's company anymore, it could also mean that the relationship has turned toxic or was never that great right from the beginning. We all make mistakes and commit ourselves to our partners at one point of time. What starts as a blossoming romance soon turns out to be a headache for you. A controlling partner could make your life hell. You are often nervous to share your viewpoints with your partner because you are not sure of his reactions. This kind of relationship is very bad and one needs to walk out on it as soon as possible. A relationship in which both the partners are not given equal rights, freedom, space and respect is certainly a bad relationship. Read on further to find out about some sure shot signs of a bad relationship:
1. Dominance by your partner is a sign of a bad relationship
Both the partners should have freedom of speech, expression of emotions, and respect for each other's views and actions. While there is no harm in stating your contradictory opinion, the other partner should respect your views too. You should let your partner do whatever he or she likes. This mutual respect and freedom is necessary to make a relationship last long. If your partner controls your actions, opinions, thoughts, friends, social life and your expenses, then you have definitely gotten yourself into a bad relationship, and you need to get out of it. Sometimes, we realize the bad things about our partner's attitude too late, and then we feel compelled to pull the relationship due to various reasons. Sometimes, your partner might have gradually changed into a controlling partner. In any circumstances, you have to know that none can control you like this. Talk it out with your partner about how you feel.
2. Feeling uncomfortable around your partner is a sign of a bad relationship
You might have gotten lured in by your partner's strange ways, but now you feel very uncomfortable with the same behavior. It's a normal psychology of the mind, and when Cupid relaxes, you realize that you are no longer attracted by his strange demeanor. If you feel ill at ease in his presence, then it's time to call it quits. One of the biggest attributes of a good relationship is that both the partners feel completely comfortable in each other's presence. They don't have to pretend to be someone they are not. If you often feel that you are secretly happy when your partner is not around, then it's time to end the bad relationship.
3. Your partner humiliates you in public
Embarrassment can be the worst thing you can experience, especially coming from your partner. Humiliation and insult coming from anyone in this world is not tolerated, and when your own partner does that to you, you feel sick to the bone. A love relationship is all about protecting each other's self-respect, values, and privacy in public. He or she should not laugh at you, scream at you, hit you, or abuse you at any time, especially in public. If such is the case, walk out immediately.
4. If your partner is possessive, then it could be a sign of a bad relationship
If your partner wants you all for himself or herself, then it could be a warning sign of a relationship going bad. Over-possessiveness, though cute initially, becomes very irritating later on, and you will often find your partner sulking around or angry with you if you go out alone or with other friends. Every relationship should have a certain amount of space between the partners or else it will get suffocating really soon.
5. Fighting all the time is a surefire sign of an unhealthy relationship
If all you and your partner do all the time is fight, then it ain't healthy for your relationship. While difference of opinion is normal, if you two have a difference of opinion in every little thing, then maybe it's time to reconsider your relationship status. Maybe you two are NOT meant for each other.
6. If your partner constantly asks you for money, then it should warn you of an unhealthy relationship
While spending on your partner at times is quite normal, especially if you earn more, your partner should not demand his or her bills to be paid by you every time. You are not responsible for his or her expenditures, and if you feel that all he or she does is ask money, then maybe they are in the relationship only for that. This should warn you of a bad and meaningless relationship.
7. Your partner constantly refusing to talk about important future decisions should warn you of his or her intentions
There are a lot of things to discuss in a relationship other than what to eat and which movie to see. You need to discuss future plans of having a baby, about buying a house, and such. If you feel your partner changes the subject whenever you broach such important issues, then it's a clear indication that he or she has no intention of sticking around for long.
8. You are the last on his priority list
Instead of having you first on his or her priority list, you feel your partner has all the time for his or her other friends and hobbies. This should warn you of an empty relationship, and there is no use dragging it further. Maybe he or she does not have any genuine interest in you and is only staying with you for other benefits.
9. Your partner does not share the household expenses
Even if your partner earns well, he or she does not give his share of household expenses. He or she always has an excuse of using the money elsewhere. This kind of relationship is quite unhealthy wherein you have to shoulder the financial burden all by yourself. There is no need for such a relation. Perhaps you should find a better partner.
10. A relationship won't last if your partner often lies to you
Trust is the most important factor in every relationship, and if you feel that your partner often lies to you, then it should warn you of something fishy. Your partner tells you that he or she is busy at the office while a friend tells you that they saw him or her partying with some friends. This clearly indicates that he or she does not care much about you.
11. You have not made love in a long time
An active love life is often one of the reasons why most couples are happy and glued to each other. If you haven't made love to your partner for more than a month due to no particular reason, then maybe he or she does not desire you anymore.
12. Too much drama is a sign of an unhealthy relationship
If your partner gets dramatic over every small issue, then maybe your relationship won't last long. You often think "There they go again," or "What will we fight about this time?" While throwing tantrums once in a while is fine, if your partner tends to scream, cry, or sulk over every small issue, then maybe it's not worth it.
13. If you often think of a life without him, then maybe your relationship is unhealthy
If you dream of a life without your partner, then maybe it's time to move on in life. Having such thoughts is a clear warning that you no longer enjoy his or her company and would like to venture out afresh.
14. Take it as a warning sign if your partner criticizes you often
If you love to dress up or cook meals for him or her, but all you get in return is criticism, then perhaps you two are not meant for each other and don't like each other's ways. Your partner might be criticizing you out of false ego. In any case, the relationship is not healthy and not worth your while.
15. Does your partner manipulate you often?
Recently, you have felt that your partner often manipulates your words and each situation to have his way. This kind of behavior will only leave you depressed and feeling guilty of your actions all the time. The relationship is clearly toxic for your mind and health.
16. You don't come to him for emotional support
While you are sad or in stress, your partner should be the first person who could console or calm your vexed mind. But if you don't discuss your emotional setbacks with him or her, then maybe he or she is not a true life partner for you. If you know for sure that he or she won't understand your situation or even help you out, it's time to find someone new.
17. Your partner does not express happiness with your success
If your success has no meaning for your partner and he or she does not give a damn about your successes or failures, then maybe he or she is not meant to be your partner. A good relationship is all about sharing each other's happiness, joys, and sorrows.
18. Your partner does not call you for days while traveling abroad
Partners discuss and talk to each other every day. If you feel your partner does not even bother to call you while apart from you traveling for days, then it clearly means that it is a dead relationship and you both are dragging it further for the wrong reasons.
19. Your partner goes out for all hours without giving you any explanations
You often find your partner disappearing for long periods and does not even bother to give you an explanation of his or her whereabouts. Perhaps, he or she is seeing someone else? You deserve an explanation for this behavior. If he or she refuses to talk about it, that is a clear sign.
20. You feel lonely with your partner
You feel there is nothing that you can discuss with him or her. Your partner's company makes you lonely, and you find it burdensome to stay with him or her. You are clearly not meant for each other and it's time to end the relationship. You should never feel alone while with your partner.
After you have realized that you are in a bad relationship, then do not feel compelled to stay in it for any reason. If you are financially dependent on your partner, then think of other ways of becoming financially independent. If you are staying with him or her because of your kids, then too, that is no reason to compromise your happiness. Your kids will eventually understand your situation. Free yourself and move on; a happy life and a better relationship might be just around the corner.