- When a friend becomes more than a friend
- These signs will tell you if a girl likes you
- 1. Sending sweet messages is one of the signs
- 2. Always being there for you means she likes you
- 3. Posting comments and clicking "like"
- 4. Remembering all the important dates
- 5. Treasuring even a small gift from you
- 6. Sharing her real feelings means you are more than a friend
- 7. Making constant eye contact
- 8. Hinting you to make a move
- 9. Not referring to you "as a friend"
- 10. Making excuses being alone with you
- 11. Telling you that she's single
- 12. Secretly following you means she wants to be more than a friend
- 13. Getting angry when other girls make a move
- 14. Getting angry at little things is a sign that she likes you
- 15. Expressing how they feel through their body language
- 16. Talking a lot about you shows that she wants to be more than a friend
- 17. Taking the initiative to make a move
- 18. Asking you out means she wants to be more than a friend to you
- 19. Acting girly around you is also a good sign
- 20. Flirting with you to show that you are more than a friend
- 21. Being conscious about their physical appearance
- 22. Asking about your past relationships
- 23. Expecting more from you is one of the signs
- 24. Making you jealous is one of the sure signs
- 25. Needing you means you're more than a friend to her
- Let these signs guide you
When a friend becomes more than a friend
Sometimes, an innocent friendship is the first stage of building a strong relationship. But going from friends to lovers is sometimes uncomfortable in the beginning. You secretly like her more than a friend. You want to ask her out, but you don’t want to lose your friendship. You don’t want to get rejected when you express your feelings for her. What should you do? Does she like you more than a friend too?
These signs will tell you if a girl likes you
Understanding a girl's emotions does not have to be difficult. Sometimes, you only need to observe her actions to learn her true feelings. Here are 25 signs that will help you to find out whether you are just a friend or more than just a friend to her.
1. Sending sweet messages is one of the signs
When you wake up in the morning, the first message you see is from her. It may be a quote or just a morning greeting. This is a sure sign that she wants to be the first person you think about. This clearly shows that she likes you and secretly wants to be romantic companion instead of homework buddy.
2. Always being there for you means she likes you
Whenever you need help, she is there to help you without having to be asked. This is a good sign that she has fallen for you. If she is always there for you in any situation, then she secretly has feelings for you and wants to be more than a friend.
3. Posting comments and clicking "like"
Whenever you post something on your social media account, is she the first one to like and post a comment? If yes, then this is a sure sign that she sees you more than a friend. The things that you post matter to her, and this is her way of letting you know that.
4. Remembering all the important dates
If your female friend pays attention to every single thing in your life, it's possible that she secretly likes you in a romantic way. Does she remember special dates in your life? It most likely means that she has feelings for you. It also means that she is waiting for the day when she can finally tell you how much you mean to her. In fact, if a friend makes someone’s special day a significant part of their life, it clearly shows that they consider them as someone who is more than a friend.
5. Treasuring even a small gift from you
When a girl falls for a person, everything related to him is a special memory for her. Treasuring small gifts is one of the many signs that she likes you more than a friend. You might be surprised to find out that she still keeps an old bracelet that you have gave her 3 or 4 years ago. But this only means that she secretly likes you.
6. Sharing her real feelings means you are more than a friend
One of the most obvious signs is expressing their true feelings. They will open up to you and share what they really feel. This act of affection is beyond the usual behavior among friends. When a girl expresses her desire to take your friendship into a deeper level, it is undoubtedly a clear sign that she like you more than a friend.
7. Making constant eye contact
Another obvious sign is eye contact. Whenever you are with her, try to see if she is constantly glancing or staring at you. The eyes never lie. When you become more than a friend to a girl, you will see it in her eyes. You can see a unique glow that you don’t see in the eyes of other girls when they look at you. Her stares will be meaningful and deep. If you notice these signs and gestures, then it means that this girl secretly likes you more than a friend.
8. Hinting you to make a move
Your friend might give hints for you to make a move if she's too shy. She will wait for you to be the first to make a move. She may drop subtle hints. Observe her body language. Her body language can give you clues if she's just waiting for you to make a move. It is her way of letting you know that she sees you more than a friend. If you like her back, then don't wait for another moment to ask her out.
9. Not referring to you "as a friend"
Sometimes, what a person feels about someone is reflected in the way they talk about that person. If a girl is talking about a male friend and she doesn't refer him as a friend, then it is a sign that he's more than a friend to her. Does your female friend refer to you as a "close friend" or "special friend"? This is one of the signs that she wants to be more than a friend.
10. Making excuses being alone with you
When a girl likes someone, she always wants to be with him. She wants to spend some time alone with the person she secretly likes. Normally, friends meet and spend time in groups. When your friend considers you more than a friend, she will make excuses or do anything to have some alone time with you. It is a clear sign that she wants a romantic relationship with you.
11. Telling you that she's single
When your female friend casually mentions that she's not dating anyone, it could be a sign that she's interested in you. It is her way of telling you that she wants to have a romantic relationship, but she does not want to date other guys. She wants you to know that she's open to a relationship and probably wants you to ask her out.
12. Secretly following you means she wants to be more than a friend
Sometimes, people do crazy things when they like someone. It includes secretly following them around. It can be as simple as going to places they usually go to. And sometimes, it becomes as creepy as stalking. Do you frequently bump into your female friend in random places? This could be a sign that she secretly wants to be more than a friend.
13. Getting angry when other girls make a move
This is one of the most obvious signs that show a person’s deep desire for another person. If your friend gets jealous whenever you are with other girls, then it means she wants you to be with her. For her, you are more than a friend. Obviously, she doesn't want you to date other girls.
14. Getting angry at little things is a sign that she likes you
Sometimes, a person finds it very stressful and frustrating when they secretly fall for their friend. They feel like no one understands what they are struggling with. It can become unbearable for them. When a girl bottles up her unrequited love, it can make her generally cranky and irritable. Anger and frustration can be signs of romantic feelings that are kept hidden.
15. Expressing how they feel through their body language
Body language says everything. Movements like eye contact is a common way expressing feelings without saying a single word. If a girl is with a person that she sees more than a friend, you will easily notice changes in her body language. Her body language will help you find out if she secretly likes you. Body language can give accurate signs that your friend wants to be in a romantic relationship with you.
16. Talking a lot about you shows that she wants to be more than a friend
If you are wondering if a friend likes you more than a friend, then the best way to know is to observe her. You will definitely find a few signs through her actions. Notice how she talks about you with others. When you're always on her mind, she will always talk about you. She will always have something good to say about you. Sometimes, her friends will even get fed up because she keeps on talking about you. When she can't get you out of her mind, what do you think that means? It can only mean that to her, you are more than a friend.
17. Taking the initiative to make a move
When you fail to notice the signs that your friend likes you, then they might take the initiative to make a move. This sign clearly shows that they want to take this relationship to another level. They want to you to understand that they like you more than a friend.
18. Asking you out means she wants to be more than a friend to you
Asking you out is one of the most definite signs that she is interested in you. She wants to spend time with you, and she's not gonna wait for you to make the first move. If she always asks you out, then it means she is open to having an intimate relationship with you.
19. Acting girly around you is also a good sign
Being a girl or a body hardly matters in a friendship. Two people can simply be friends whether they are female or male. For guys, they can treat a female friend just as a buddy. If you notice that your female friend is starting to act more girly around you, then listen up. It is a clear sign that she wants you to see her as a potential girlfriend. Showing off her feminine side is a sign she is hoping that you'd see her more than just a friend.
20. Flirting with you to show that you are more than a friend
It can't get any more obvious if she's already flirting with you. A girl will not flirt with you if she's not romantically interested. This is especially true if a girl is not naturally outgoing or playful. Is she flirty with you but not with others? It can only mean that she has a special feeling towards you. Go ask her out if you like her too.
21. Being conscious about their physical appearance
When a person has a special someone, they will always try to look their best for that person. A girl who likes you will probably be constantly concerned with her physical appearance. She will want to look good whenever she's with you. It is a sign that she cares about what you think of her. Of course, she wants to impress you too. If you find your female friend looking extra glam lately, then maybe it's a sign that she wants to look good for you.
22. Asking about your past relationships
Does she want to know about your past relationships? This can be considered as a sign that she wants to start a romantic relationship with you. She is imagining how it will be like to be in a relationship with you. Also, she wants to know what didn't work out in your previous relationships so she can potentially be a better girlfriend.
23. Expecting more from you is one of the signs
When a female friend is secretly in love with you, she will start expecting more from you. She will want to to focus on her. She will want to be on your priority list. She'll easily get upset if you break promises no matter how small it may seem. Having expectations is a sure sign that they have developed deeper feelings for you. They no longer see you as a friend but as a potential romantic partner.
24. Making you jealous is one of the sure signs
This list wouldn't be complete without this classic. Does a girl try to make you jealous? Does she hang out with other guys just to try and see your reaction? A girl will do this if she wants you to notice her. They use this trick to find out if you also have romantic feelings for her. If she does this, then you can be sure that you are more than a friend to her.
25. Needing you means you're more than a friend to her
Always wanting or needing to have you around is an undeniable sign that she likes you more than a friend. Whenever she is sad, happy, troubled, or upset, she always looks for you. She always confides in you. She needs you to comfort her, motivate her, and make her laugh whenever she's going through something. This doesn't only show that she likes you more than a friend. It also shows that she trusts you.
Let these signs guide you
So, can you now tell if your friend wants to be more than just your friend? Sometimes, you only need one good sign to know. If you feel like this is the right time to enter a romantic relationship, then by all means, go for it!