Katie Couric in a nutshell
Katherine Anne Couric is a renowned American journalist and author. Couric recently anchored the 'Yahoo! Global News'. All the three big television networks in the United States have hired Couric to work as a news anchor on several of their shows.
Her early career began as an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, for the CBS News from 2006 to 2011 and for ABC News from 2011 to 2014. Couric has also hosted Katie, which was a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney-ABC Domestic Television from 2012 to 2014.
Couric gained worldwide recognition for anchoring shows like 'Today', 'CBS Evening News' and '60 Minutes'. In her news anchor career, Couric has almost reported for every television news channel, right from ABC, CBS to NBC. She has authored a book in 2011, 'The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives' which was a New York Times best-seller. In 2004, Couric earned induction into the Television Hall of Fame.
Katie Couric's husband John Molner
John Molner is an American financier, banker and also the head of Mergers & Acquisitions at Chicago-based investment firms, 'Brown Brothers'. The wealthy Molner shot to fame after his marriage with the famous journalist and news anchor Katie Couric.
The banker was born in 1963 in Chicago, Illinois to parents, Herbert Molner and Paula Molner. Molner has two brothers, Tom Molner and David Molner. Tom is an attorney and David is a film financier. Molner completed his education from the Trinity college and later attended the Chicago Booth School of Business. Soon after that, he worked as a financier in New York City.
John Molner was married twice in his lifetime. He was earlier married to Jane Franke whom he divorced. They have a daughter together named Allie Molner and a son named Henry Molner. They both began facing problems in their relationships and so they divorced.
After his divorce with wife Jane Franke, Molner dated girlfriend Jessica Hsu who is also an American financier. They dated for a few years before ending their relationship in 2010.
John Molner met Katie for the first time in 2011 and they soon started dating each other. They dated for two years after which Molner proposed to her in September 2013. Couric did not accept his proposal immediately as she took a long time to respond his proposal.
The couple eventually got married in June 2014. John Molner is the second husband of Katie Couric too as her first husband died at the age of 42 due to colon cancer. Katie has two daughters from her previous marriage, Caroline Monahan and Elinor Tully Monahan. John Molner has a son named, Henry Molner and a daughter named Allie Molner from his previous marriage.
The two have been blissfully married since three years now. The net worth of John Molner is $20 million and the net worth of Katie Molner is $55 million. They both live their life in luxury and have recently bought a big mansion for reportedly $12 million as their home.
Interesting facts about John Molner
Although not much is known about John Molner, below are some interesting facts about the investment banker:
* He retired from the Brown Brothers Harriman private bank in 2014 but remains associated with the bank as their senior Advisor.
* According to the grapevine, Molner was still dating his earlier girlfriend Jessica Hsu while dating Couric.
* John's ex-girlfriend was completely shaken up when she came to know that he was cheating on her with Katie Couric. A friend of Jsu said, "Jessica was completely blindsided by John’s infidelity and when she caught him cheating, he dumped her like a hot potato."
* Molner proposed Couric at a beach in September, 2013. Couric said, “He said that there was a reason he’d brought me there to the beach, and that he loved me and was committed to me, and I said, ‘Yeah, I know that, you didn’t have to bring me here to tell me that.’” She was completely surprised by his proposal and took some time to respond.
* Molner co-stars in Couric's new cooking show, 'Full Plate'. 'Full Plate' is a cooking web series filmed in their New York apartment. Couric said in a statement, “John and I love cooking at home but can rarely find the time, so we are thrilled to partner with Sur La Table and Chef Joel Gamoran in creating these fast gourmet recipes, We look forward to sharing them with our busy viewers and showing them that they can do the same.”
* Couric and Molner got married in a small ceremony in her house in The Hamptoms. They walked down the aisle lovingly in a private ceremony filled with music and laughter.
* John Molner likes to post photos of his personal life and fond memories in his Instagram account. Their loving photos will surely give anyone relationship goals!