Cinnamon essential oil is one most commonly used essential oil. The popularity and increase rate of usage of cinnamon essential oil is due it’s the wide range of health benefits that it provides. But one should be aware of the fact that there a number of risk one exposes him/herself by using cinnamon oil. For example, sniffing cinnamon oils increases your blood circulation that is a benefit while on the other hand, its excessive use may cause liver damage. You may need to read the entire post to be able to know all benefits and risk of using cinnamon essential oil.
Introduction to Cinnamon Essential oil
The cinnamon essential oil is one of the types of essential oil that’s is commonly used in aromatherapy. It is extracted from cinnamon bark through a steam distillation process. Cinnamon essential has a variety of healing properties and health benefits on top of all this are its brain-boosting ability. It is also regarded as the most multipurpose essential oil. This oil has a very soothing pervading and sweet aroma and also unforgettable bitter-sweet taste. The cinnamon essential oil is available in two primary types which are:
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. This oil type is brownish in color and is extracted from the bark of a cinnamon shrub.
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil. This cinnamon oil type is extracted from leaves of a cinnamon shrub and is identical with its yellowish color.
Benefits and uses of Cinnamon Essential oil
Due to its beneficial properties, it is widely used for health and beauty treatments. Cinnamon has a tone of nutrients that are essential in improving your beauty and health at the same time. These claims have been confirmed through a number of research done that showed that compounds in cinnamon oils offer health and beauty benefits. Without farther ado let’s look at cinnamon benefits.
- Treatment of high blood pressure. Cinnamon essential oil enables widening of blood vessels which helps in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Improve blood circulation. A cinnamon essential oil is mostly used as a massage oil this will improve the skin tone by increasing the number of nutrients on the skin. This is because cinnamon essential oil comprises of blood thinning compounds which improve circulation blood.
- Diabetes control. This essential oil plays an important role in regulating or balancing the sugar levels in the body, in turn, helps an individual’s body to be able to control diabetes. This is aided by the fact that cinnamon contains an (MHCP) water-soluble polyphenol which assist insulin hence reducing diabetes risk.
- Boost the functioning of your brain. Cinnamon oil is well known for its calming and soothing properties which helps your brain in battling memory loss, anxiety and stress. Excellent brain functioning is the ability of your brain to deal with stress, angst and memory loss and this is offered by cinnamon essential oil hence boosting your brain activity.
- Regulates Heart Diseases. Cinnamon oil is important in regulating blood pressure and some of other hearth related diseases since it is adorned with calcium and fiber which are important in your heart's health.
What are the dangers of using Cinnamon essential oil?
1. Risk of dyspnea
One of the importance of cinnamon essential oil is an increase in blood circulation, but this will affect the highly sensitive individual since an increase in blood circulation means an increase in heart rate which might lead to dyspnea
2. Allergic reaction
For the people with a highly sensitive immune system using cinnamon essential oil might cause skinny irritation, rashes on the body and itching. This is due to immune counteraction against cinnamon oil used.
3. Experience stomach irritation
People who usually have stomach problem should first seek medical advice before using this product. One may experience diarrhoea, stomach pain and even nausea after using cinnamon essential oil.
4. Experience breathing problems
A sensitive person may experience berating problems such as experiencing irritation in your respiratory tract just a few minutes after using cinnamon essential oil. This side effect is the most dangerous since it may lead to one losing consciousness is not intervened by a medical provider.
5. Experience a burning sensation
When a person with ulcers uses cinnamon essential oil he or she may start to experience pain and burning sensation just after using it. This is because it might have an adverse effect on the ulcer problem.
6. Adverse drug effects
if you are under medication and you choose to use cinnamon oil, it may lead to drugs and cinnamon interaction which may, in turn, leads to a headache, hunger, fatigue and even dizziness. So if you experience this don’t keep using it since it may affect the general performance of your prescribed drugs hence causing problems.
Beside these short-term side effects, when given enough time you should stop excessive usage of cinnamon essential oil to avoid severe consequences that may be triggered by its usage. It is proven that having cinnamaldehyde of up to 0.7 mg/kg levels in your blood is dangerous.
How to use Cinnamon essential oil in your daily life
There are different ways to use cinnamon essential oil for both skin and other uses. Here are some of the ways to use cinnamon essential oil:
1. Combining it with a carrier oil
When combined with a carrier oil such as sweet almond avocado or jojoba one can easily apply it to the skin or even added to baths. First one has to ensure that it is mixed properly in order to avoid chemical burns or any other adverse effects.
Cinnamon essential oil can be inhaled just by sprinkling adding a few drops on a piece of tissue or cloth then sniff it.
You can easily diffuse cinnamon essential oil throughout your household by simply using the essential oil aromatic diffusers such as:
- Ceramic diffuser which allows the oil to evaporate and scatter around your entire home.
- Electric diffuser. his diffuser simply spread the essential oil in the air by exposing it to the air without heat with the aid of an electric fan that blows the oil to the air.
- Reed Diffuser. It has a rattan stick that helps in channeling the essential oil up the stick so as to scent the room
- Candle diffuser. This type of diffuser uses heat from the candle in order to enable the diffusion of essential oil. It is relatively cheap to heat diffuser and gives quality results by diffusing the essential oil across your home to give it a good smell.
There is another diffuser (Nebulizer diffuser), but the ones listed above are the commonly used for cinnamon essential oil.
Cinnamon essential oil blends and recipes
Fire and Ice
Recipe: Have 5 drops of cinnamon blended with 4 drops of peppermint in a diffuser so as to give a soothing fresh scent in the room.
Recipe: Have 4 drops of cinnamon, 2drops of wild orange,1 drop of Patchouli and finale a drop of Ginger. This blend is perfect for relaxing and immunity boosting
Recipe: 3 drops of cinnamon essential oil, 2 drops of Eucalyptus and 2 drops of motivate. If you need a simple blend that can uplift and boost your moods, then this is the perfect match for you.
Recipe: 4 drops of cinnamon, 3 drops of Peppermint and 2 drops of Rosemary. If you really need your study moods uplifted and boost your brain activeness, then this is the best cinnamon oil blend choice to have.
Cinnamon essential oil is one of the best and most used essential oil around the globe. It is important for one to fully understand the dangers and benefits of using essential oil so as to avoid causing unwanted side effects to your body. There are different ways of using cinnamon essential oil, find the best way and product that fits your need to archive quality results.