How Do We Often See Introverts As?
Almost all of us have a sibling, friend, cousin, or a family member who likes to stay away from crowds and gatherings and loves his lonely time. They are usually found reading a book, doing an activity that does not require more than two hands, fiddles with the phone, or anything that does not require social contact. These kinds of people are one third to half of the population and are referred to as introverts.
Introverts are often seen as shy, reserved, quiet, and lonely. They don’t like social gatherings and parties and they don’t like to hang out with friends as they don’t have many friends. The prefer professions that allow seclusion and independence. They are self-aware but are least interested in knowing other people. They are often misjudged for being angry or depressed. The real person may be a lot different than the way we often see an introvert person as.
Who Are Introverts?
If seen from a psychologist’s point of view, Introverts prefer minimally stimulating environments, and they need time alone to recharge. This is how Carl Jung defined introverts as in the 1960s. Introversion is a personality trait. The people having this trait have all their energies focused on their inner self, feelings, and emotions. They do not seek approval from others and are happy in their own skin. Happiness for them comes from within not from the world around them.
In order to identify an introvert, here are a few signs to look out for:
• They will not have too many friends rather they will be happier with one or two selective ones. It doesn’t mean they hate people; it’s just that they believe in a few authentic ones than a whole bunch of fake friends.
• They are less talkative but surely not rude. When you first meet them, you will think they are arrogant and rude but once you get to know them you will realize that your assumption was wrong. They may take their time to know you well and then open up.
• They do not follow the crowd rather they pave their own paths and follow their own journeys. You will not find them following the trends rather they dance to their own rhythm.
• Where some people get energized after going out and attending parties, introverts feel social interaction to be energy draining. Even if they are found at a party, you will see them sitting in a corner looking at the time waiting for a chance to sneak out and enjoy their solitude.
• People think that introverts being socially awkward need to be looked at from a psychological point of view and should opt for counseling. No matter how weird they may look, they don’t need to be fixed or treated. They are who they are and there is nothing wrong with them
Who Are Some Of The Famous Introverts That People Love?
With the characteristics and personality traits of an introvert, living the life of a celebrity can be quite challenging. Wherefrom the inside you need solitude, you are expected to attend events and parties. Whether you want to talk or not, you have to show up in media and talk about personal life.
Being introverted and famous is like walking two paths at the same time. Here are some people from different walks of life who are famous for their work, have progressed in industries outside of their comfort zones and people love them.
The world’s most recognized physicist who will be remembered for his theory of relativity was a loner.
Being introvert played well for this one of the richest people in the world. When asked how to succeed in this world full of extroverts, Bill Gates said: “Well, I think introverts can do quite well. If you're clever you can learn to get the benefits of being an introvert, which might be, say, being willing to go off for a few days and think about a tough problem, read everything you can, push yourself very hard to think out on the edge of that area.
Then, if you come up with something, if you want to hire people, get them excited, build a company around that idea, you better learn what extroverts do, you better hire some extroverts (like Steve Ballmer I would claim as an extrovert) and tap into both sets of skills in order to have a company that thrives both in deep thinking and building teams and going out into the world to sell those ideas.”
The founder of the famous social networking website Facebook is an introvert, hard to believe, right?
J K Rowling
The writer who got famous for creating the wizarding world and brings to life the character Harry potter while talking about her life said “To my immense frustration, I didn’t have a pen that worked, and I was too shy to ask anybody if I could borrow one”
The heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio who stole the hearts of several by playing Jack in Titanic has some traits that make him fall on the introversion side of the scale.
The gorgeous and stunning Hollywood celebrity Angelina Jolie does not like the limelight.
Emma Watson who got famous for playing Hermione Granger in the movie Harry Potter likes to spend her time with herself. The quality like avoiding the contact with the outside world makes her an introvert but people love her anyhow.
7 Things Introverts Do That Make Them Utterly Attractive
Introverts have some prominent personality traits; reserved, shy, socially awkward, and quiet and these traits make them mysterious to people around them. There are certain things about introverts that make them incredibly attractive.
1. They think deeply
Since introverts like to stay quiet and alone, they spend most of their time thinking. This self-engrossed and self-centered look of the introverts makes them attractive to those who seek adventure. People would like to know more about them and explore their hidden traits.
2. They are good listeners
Those who don’t like to speak much are great at listening. If for no other reason, introverts are loved by their friends for this quality; if you have a story to tell or a secret to share they will be all ears. You can always run to an introvert friend of yours if you need a joke to share with or a shoulder to cry on.
3. They are challenging
Many people like challenges in life; solving puzzles, following unrealistic dreams, and deciphering difficult people. They more introverts want to remain in their shell the more they become attractive to challenge seekers.
4. They are caring
Introverts are very caring and loving though they find it difficult to express. People around them find them highly generous and empathic. They will be there for you in time of need. This caring nature makes them for their friends the first go-to person in times of need or difficulty.
5. They are loyal
For introverts, it is difficult to get acquainted with many people. They are very selective in choosing who can come in close proximity and who they want to be friends with. Although their circle of friends and loved ones are very small they are very loyal to them and will always be at their side in the ups and downs of life. They make honest and loyal partners in romantic relationships and will never betray their better halves.
6. They are easy to be around
If you can be yourself around anyone and never be judged for what you say and do, it is introverted. They offer the best company and are easiest to be around. They will be happy to spend time with you without seeking attention. They are loved for their easy to get along with nature.
7. They are more intimate
It is easier for introverts to get in a long term relationship than several one nights stands. Since they like to commit to one person at a time, they are more intimate in their romantic relationships.
How Should I Behave When I Am With An Introvert?
Living with an introvert can be easy and difficult at the same time. If you are an introvert too, you probably know what your introvert friend or partner expects from you. However, if you an extrovert, you might find it difficult to adapt to a reserved and held back lifestyle. Giving an introvert more space to get relaxed may mean spending most time without them. Here is what you can do when you are with an introvert:
• Respect their privacy and rights but don’t give up yours. If at one time they needed space and you happily gave it, next time make sure that you take them along to the couple party you were looking forward to attend.
• Be patient. It may take a while for you to understand the likes and dislikes of the introvert but once you know them well, everything will fall into place automatically.
• It is good to be inquisitive with the introvert because the more questions you ask the sooner you will understand their nature and you will get along easily.
• It is important to discuss issues and problems with the introverts. They cannot pretend everything is ok when there is something disturbing them. The only way to resolve issues with introverts is through discussion.
• You should not tag everything as the “introvert thing” when there are genuine issues. Even if your partner is using his introversion as an excuse, you should be able to see through and find the root cause.
No matter how sober, geek or serious introverts look on the outside, once you get to know them, you will find them to be charismatic and sensual. Introverts have a world of their own and if you are allowed to enter that world you will be amazed how beautiful it is from the inside. They say and do things that will attract you like a magnet. Getting to know them is the key and you can open a world of mysteries with this key.