Fruits For Increasing Hair Growth Rate Naturally
Pretty much everyone has suffered this nasty experience called hair fall. Now imagine someone who already has a very slow hair growth naturally and now has hair fall too, disaster. Of course you can get various hair treatments and chemical experiments done on your hair which will be costly for sure and always come with a risk of permanently damaging your hair and your skin. Nope, we don’t want that now, do we? Going for natural remedies and cures has always been a harmless way out and definitely cheaper and healthy.
So here’s to long and luscious locks without doing harm to yourself and your hair. Let’s start with a bunch of fruits which are both delicious and revitalizing to your overall haircare and general health. The most important thing to know is that consuming foods and fruits is more beneficial than just superficially applying them to the hair.
The colorful berries like strawberries and blueberries are not just pleasant to look at, they taste great, have amazing healthy benefits and are everyone’s favorite. They are considered as superfood for our body.
The first step in hair growth is to prevent hair fall. Berries have lots of antioxidants and vitamins which readily protect your hair follicles from the daily damage from heat, light, smoke and many hair products. They also protect your hair from free-radical damage. So eat lots of berries and apart from that, you can try this amazing hair mask as well.
DIY Strawberry hair mask
This mask will give great strength to your hair. Lesser the breakage, lesser the hair fall. Hence, more growth for your beautiful locks. So whenever there is strawberry season, along with popping them in your mouth, share them with your hair as well. This mask is also a very good treatment for greasy and dull hair because strawberries will remove all extra oil and the lovely fragrance is just a bonus.
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- Form a thick mixture with all the ingredients by mixing them completely
- Dampen up your hair a little bit so that the mixture would stick nicely.
- Apply the mixture evenly all around and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water.
If you love eating avocados, you’re going to love them a lot more when you find out the wonders they do for your hair. Avocados are the best moisturizers for your hair and scalp, it is because they are loaded with vitamins and natural oils both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated ones. Another perk with Avocados is that it contains Biotin, which helps in healthy hair and nail growth.
Avocado hair masks
Don’t miss out on this fruity therapy that will not only help your hair grow, but also leave them hydrated and plump. The more you nourish and pamper your hair, the happier they’ll make you.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Make a blend of these ingredients and add the coconut oil as per your hair requirements.
- Apply from root to tip.
- Aloe will fight any inflammation or damage to the hair.
Here’s a slightly different but very effective avocado hair mask:
We can never get enough of bananas; they’re sweet and yummy and smell great. Bananas work to make our hair their full potential and beauty and fight off microbes too. They are proven to be most effective for dandruff (which is pretty notorious for hair fall and weak hair).
Banana hair masks
Bananas are becoming popular in DIY remedies because they are easily available and convenient to use as well. Combining bananas with different natural ingredients, people can use them for all types of hair conditions, but here we’ll talk about hair regrowth and nutritional recipes:
- Take 1-2 bananas (according to your hair length) and 1 egg.
- Peel and mash the bananas into a bowl and add the egg in it.
- Blend it to make it a nice and consistent mixture.
- Apply to your hair; make sure to get them on split ends and your scalp.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly but never with hot water, or else the egg will stick to the hair strands.
Food For Increasing Hair Growth Rate Naturally
Instead of binge eating lots of unhealthy foods, it’s time to come towards healthy and nutritious diet which will obviously be better for general health, but also for your hair growth which gets neglected while we focus on our cravings. Let’s look at some power foods that require just a little attention than usual to improve your hair health.
Ever since our childhood, we’ve seen natural household remedies used by our elders to cure minor ailments like sore throats, the common cold etc. But little did we know that this little spice is very therapeutic to the hair too. The all natural ginger helps with a healthy blood circulation. For healthy hair, health scalp blood flow is very beneficial. It fixes all problems from the core and leaves the hair shiny and eliminates all septic agents.
Using ginger for hair:
- Peel a few pieces of ginger and grate them nicely.
- Add 3 drops of lemon juice
- Add 3 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Apply the mixture to you scalp and gently massage it.
- Wash it off after half an hour.
Ginger tea in normal routine:
Ginger tea is very soothing and people practice using it on a daily basis. Such people reported to have much nourished and luscious hair. Here is one SIMPLEST recipe to try out for you.
How can we forget the most obvious and important food of all? The EGG. Can you imagine a little chick growing inside and egg and popping out one day? It got all its necessary nutrition from in there, the egg. It’s a complete diet and it does amazing things for your hair growth. Eating eggs is like eating a big chunk of protein which makes up most of our body and definitely the hair.
Using eggs for hair
First thing’s first, if eggs are not a part of your routine diet, make them. Two eggs per day will have dramatic benefits for your health, mood and energy which you will notice after only a few days. Along with eating eggs, you can simple crack one open for your head. Here’s how you can use them:
- Take 1 whole egg and 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Wisk the two ingredients in a bowl until combined well.
- Simply apply this mixture to your hair and make sure your hair are all covered.
- Leave it for around 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Condition the hair afterwards if you like and let them air dry.
- Using this mas 1 to 2 times a week will be best.
Popeye taught us right; there is loads of iron in spinach along with Vitamins A and C, all of which promote a life with healthy hair and a strong body.
If you’re not a fan of putting spinach in your hair, here is a very yummy and easy spinach smoothie recipe for you to use, it only takes about 5 minutes. Have this little treat every morning with breakfast, it’s that easy.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Papaya
- 1 cup Almond/Coconut milk
- Simply chop and blend all these ingredients with the milk of your choice.
- Enjoy the smoothie and share with others.
Homemade tips to increase hair growth
There are ways to get you nice and heavy, long hair along with a lively scalp. Here are some really simple habits to adopt in your regular routine:
There’s no doubt about the fact that everyone loves massages. A good massage relieves all kinds of stress and restores blood circulation to the weak areas. Anywhere in the body, massages have helped especially when used with some oils like coconut oil, olive oil, etc. Try to take out time for head and scalp massages, this will soothe your scalp skin and make your hair follicles stronger.
8. Onion Juice
Onion juice sure can stink and sting at the same time but works like magic for hair loss. Experts also recommend applying onion juice for some medical conditions that cause patchy hair loss as onions have Sulphur which boosts collagen production. Just cut a few slices of an onion, squeeze the juice out of them and apply to your scalp for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
It’s both yummy and nutritious and the purest, healthiest thing you can eat OR even apply. Yogurt has all these probiotics that work against hair fall and increase the number of hair follicles too (at least proven in mice). People use yogurt as a part of their breakfast or some even use it as a hair mask. Here’s how you can apply it:
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 cups of Water
- Mix the oil and yogurt in a bowl and set it aside.
- Mix the lemon juice and water in a jug.
- Before applying, it’s best to wash your hair with shampoo and leave them damp.
- Apply the yogurt-oil hair mask to your damp hair for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask with cool or lukewarm water.
Hope you follow the tips and get your hair the natural and refreshing treatment it deserves.