12 Best Hair Serum that Protects and Heals your Hair
These hair serum heals, protects and give your hair life
Jan 07, 2019
The Benefits and Uses of Hair Serums
Long, shiny and healthy hair is every woman’s dream. From high end branded products to homemade organic recipes, we try everything to keep hair camera ready.
What are Hair Serum?
The term hair serum is a recent one. This versatile product can do wonders. From heat damaged hair to dull and rough locks, hair serum is the ultimate solution. Hair serums are silicon, ceramide and amino-acid based solution that creates a coating on the hair. There is a misconception that hair oil and serum is similar but actually it is not. Hair oil penetrates and changes the structure of the hair while the serum is just a coat.
Benefits of Hair Serum
Hair being an exposed feature is subjected to heat and pollution damage. Besides washing and oiling, it needs protection against environmental damages. Here is where serum can help you maintain the shine while keeping them protected against the pollutants.
1. Hair serum helps prevent damage. Hair gets damaged with frequent exposure to sun or hairstyling instruments. Using hair serum will help you protect your hair from unwanted damage.
2. It enhances the appearance of the hair. The hair looks shiny, silky and smooth.
4. Hair serum keeps the hair hydrated but providing essential nutrients for healthy looking glossy hair.
5. It eases the process of hair styling. Frizzy hair is difficult to manage and style. Hair serum with its magical formula lets you flaunt any hairstyle while keeping your hair in control.
Uses of Hair Serum
Getting silky smooth hair and ramp ready hair is not difficult anymore. Hair serum is the ultimate solution of rough and dull hair. Here are a few uses of hair serums that will leave you awestruck.
1. Who likes the after-wash-sleep look of hair in the morning? Nobody does. Just put hair serum in the morning and enjoy smooth and silky textured hair.
2. If your hair is too frizzy and takes quite a bit of time to straighten them, try putting serum before straightening them and feel the difference. It will also protect hair against damage caused by hair styling instruments.
3. Sudden hang out with friends and you have not washed your hair? No problem, just apply hair serum and get compliments from friends.
4. Backcombing looks super good but how to get rid of all those stubborn tangles? A few drops of hair serum and Voila!
12 Best Hair Serum Brands for Different Hair types that are Popular in the Market
When it comes to buying hair care products, buy the best ones available in the market. Surely you don’t want to end up doing more damage to your hair in an attempt to treat them. Several different kinds of hair serums are available in market formulated for different hair types. If you have already assessed the type of your hair, buy hair care products according to your hair type or consult an expert. Here is a list of 12 best hair serum brands that are popular in the market for different hair types.
1. The New Evolution – Hair Serum
Argan oil is considered liquid gold of nature has miraculous properties. It gives ultra-shine to rough and dull hair. The New Evolution hair serum consists of argan oil, Aloe Vera and vitamin E is perfect for all hair types. This oil keeps your hair smooth, shiny and stops hair loss.
2. Perfect Hair FOCUS Coconut Oil Hair Serum
Coconut oil keeps hair healthy and helps maintain the natural shine of the hair. Dull and dry hair can be treated using coconut oil hair serum. Coconut oil with aloe, olive oil, almond oil and keratin will rejuvenate and nourish dull and damaged hair. Being free from chemicals, it will only stimulate healthier hair and thicker strands.
3. NUBI – Boosting Hair Serum
If you have tried everything to get rid of frizzy hair but nothing seemed to work, this is your ultimate solution for smooth and strengthened hair. This boosting hair serum contains Marula oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. Marula oil has magical properties of protecting your hair against environmental damages. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties ensure a healthy scalp and stronger hair.
4. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
One of the best products available in the market is Garnier’s sleek & shine hair serum. Natural argan oil will keep your dry and frizzy hair smooth even in 97% humidity.
5. John Frieda Frizz Ease
If you want to go pro with hair styling skills, Frizz Ease spray can become your secret ingredient. Excellent product for curly hair. It has the ability to keep hair straight for up to 3 days!
6. Mise En Scene Perfect Repair Serum
2014 Cosmo beauty award winner is still a hit. See a visible change in your hair within just 3 days. Perfect potion for damaged and dull hair.
7. Pantene Heat Potion Hair Serum
If you are in habit of using hair styling tools, you must try Pantene heat potion hair serum as it protects your hair against heat damage. Get ultra-smooth and silky hair after several masterpiece hairstyles.
8. Oasis Anti-Frizz Shine Serum
Keeping your hair smooth and silky without being oily is a goal difficult to achieve. Oasis anti-frizz shine serum will give instant shine to dull locks while keeping them super smooth, just the way you love them.
9. Fantasia Heat Protector Straightening Serum
If your hair is dull and damaged; heat is the main culprit. Whether it is the sun or hair styling instruments, Fantasia heat protector straightening serum will protect your hair from both. The enriched mixture of silicone, aloe and vitamin E will keep heat styled hair nourished and healthy.
10. L'Oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum
Elvive Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Hair serum is a leave in anti-frizz that creates an invisible humidity barrier to prevent frizz and lock in shine. Used together with its accompanying products, it can deliver frizz-controlled hair up to 72 hours.
11. Streax Professional Hair Serum
Who doesn’t like smooth and frizz-free hair? Packed with vitamin E, streax professional hair serum will keep every strand shiny and silky. The best thing about professional hair serums; no one can beat them.
12. Hair Chemist Coconut Hair Serum
Manufactured in United States, Hair Chemist Coconut Hair Serum helps nourishes the scalp and promotes healthy hair roots and follicles. Coconut serum is favorable in the prevention of breakage of hair and this serum is definitely keeping your scalp healthy.
How to Use Hair Serum?
Serum can actually transform the way your hair looks but you need to know the correct way to apply it. Following these simple steps will help you get desirable results:
1. Get the products in accordance with your hair type and condition. Several serums are available in the market and online for a variety of hair conditions. Pop by a hair salon and ask for a genuine 'review' of your hair while you trim the tresses and find out what your hair type is, by the professionals.
2. Apply serum to freshly washed and damp hair.
3. Use the right amount according to hair length and condition. Usually, 2-3 drops are good enough for medium length hair. Rub it between your palms and apply evenly. Applying too much serum will make your hair look oily and greasy and that is not a look we are going for here.
4. Don’t apply the serum on your scalp. If applied directly to scalp it can halt the natural process of skin breathing. Always apply serum from mid-length to ends.
5. Apply serum before going out in the sun or using hair styling instruments to protect your hair against unwanted damages.
6. Never apply the serum to dirty, unwashed hair. Since it creates a coating, if applied on hair before washing, it will block the dirt and will cause extra damage.
7. Avoid overuse of serums. Only apply it when it is very necessary.
8. Gently brush your hair after applying serum to remove tangles and give an even distribution of the serum.
Hair can look dull and rough because of several reasons including poor eating habits, pollution, exposure to sun, excessive use of styling instruments and lack of hair care due to fast paced lifestyle. Treating hair and bringing them back to life will take time. To meet the requirements of overly busy individuals, several hair care products are formulated that claim to do wonders but before buying any product, check the reviews, ask a friend or consult an expert. Finding the serum that suits your hair can be life-changing. Think about all the cover photos you adored and finally having smooth and silky locks just like models sounds thrilling. May you find the best serum and enjoy healthy and ramp-ready hair.