Bovine Collagen versus Marine Collagen
Collagens are simply proteins that can be found in cartilages, bones, ligament and joints. They make up the second most abundant molecule in the body aside water. It is a very rich source of protein which is very useful in the body for several purposes. Majorly, two types of collagens would be discussed extensively below.
1. Bovine Collagen
Bovine collagen is known as cow collagen; is gotten from the skin, bone and muscles of a cow. This supplement is rich in type 1 and type 3 collagens which is a very rich source of protein and glycerin. They are essential for repairing damaged skin, improving anti-aging and promote body muscles. Most cosmetology products are made up from this component. Some facts about this product are:
- Compared to Marine collagen that would be discussed below, they are cheap, common and easily accessible.
- This type of collagen focuses mainly on promoting healthy joints, muscles, healing wound and aiding motion.
- Bovine collagen does not focus on the skin like Marine collagen, instead, it performs the magic of giving you strong bones and proper functioning body cells.
- This collagen type plays an excellent role in building DNA and RNA strands.
2. Marine Collagen
Marine collagen is a rich type 1 collagen gotten from cold sea fish, fish bones and scales. It is very similar to Bovine collagen as it also has some components of protein and glycerin. Some vital facts about this collagen are:
- Marine collagen focus on skin rejuvenation, healing skin problems, moisturizing the skin and as well as keeping the skin hydrated.
- This collagen is also known as fish collagen is sought after because it makes absorption and digestion very easy compared to Bovine collagen.
- Reviews of these products disclosed that it improves skin elasticity and works as stretch mark removal.
- For individuals who are very sensitive to beef protein (Bovine collagen), this comes highly recommended.
- This type of collagen absorbs in the body quickly than Bovine collagen. This is due to the fact that it has a low molecular weight which makes it one of the best kinds of collagen.
- Marine collagen is free from several diseases and virus that can be gotten from animals, for example, the Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) which makes it safe to use.
- It helps create new tissues, fight certain bacterial infections that harm your health, decreases pain and improve physical appearances.
- This kind of collagen is a bit expensive which discourages individuals on a low budget to use.
- Marine collagen is also a very excellent anti-aging product.
Understanding the Types of Bovine Collagen, Its Products and Allergies
Bovine collagen comes in various types with different sources and it is essential for you to understand this uniqueness and differences.
The first type of Bovine collagen is a type I collagen which is gotten from cows. This type is used to support bone health, hair, nails, joint and general growth. There are numerous protein types found in type 1 collagen which is very vital in the body. This type is produced by fibroblast and osteoblast component with proteins such as alanine, glycerin, protein as part of the numerous protein content.
This type of collagen is gotten from the hides of cows which contributes its great performance in maintaining body joints and bone structure. They contain about four important amino acids that play essential roles in the body.
This other type of Bovine collagen is often considered to be a lesser kind of collagen. Although, it is advised to consume this collagen independently from other kinds of collagen types so as to ensure its digestion and effect. This type of collagen is produced by chondrocytes within the cartilage.
A peculiar aspect of this type of collagen is the fact that it is made up of 50-60% of protein cartilage and it supports the jaw and backbone. This type II collagen can also be gotten from chicken.
This is a special kind of collagen that is good for skin and wrinkles. About 36% of the bone is made up of this collagen. It improves skin circulation, aids in weight loss process, increases skin hydration and aid sound sleep. Interestingly, this type of collagen is normally paired together with type I collagen simply because they perform similar functions. They are an important component of our skin, hair, nails, tendons, ligaments, bones and muscles. They are also found in our artery walls and some hollow organs and contain proline.
It would interest you to note that several cosmetic products have collagen as a vital ingredient during the production process. Dermatologists also recommend these Bovine products due to the numerous health benefit and wellness you stand to gain during usage. Some of these collagen products are detailed below
1. Derma Matrix Collagen Skin Complex
This collagen supplement comes highly recommended from users who have administered the product and attest to the fact that it improved their physical appearance and made their skin acne free. This product contains several vital protein types that guarantee the user replenished skin and radiating glow.
2. Collagen Gummies
BeLive Collagen gummies was a game changer for those who had used it. The fact that it comes in a fine tropical flavor makes it an amazing supplement to look forward to. They are made up of hydrolyzed collagen that is highly essential for the body. Just chew 2 of this sweet gummies daily and it would give you an overall transformation.
Biosil also known as the collagen generator specifically function as a collagen generator in the body. It strengthens the nails, promotes strong and flexible bones and is a recommended product for vegetarians. It is administered by adding 5 drops in a half cup fluid to be consumed twice daily.
4. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
It contains type 1 collagen that can be taken alongside coffee, juice, or yoghurt. The effect of this collagen is visibly seen days after consistent consumption. Reviews also disclosed that it is also good for individuals on a weight loss goal. It is administered by consuming two tablespoons daily.
5. Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolsate
This is a major grass feed Bovine collagen product that is essential for joint care. It is tasteless which makes it easy to consume with any edible medium. It dissolves easily in fluid though it works best in hot beverage and it is definitely worth trying out. They have a very low molecular weight and aid digestion.
It is not safe to talk about collagen without mentioning its allergies if any. According to beauticians and health experts, they recognize this product as a safe and acceptable supplement for use under proper prescription. Normally, this product does not result in any vital side effect but note the following details below:
- It could be an allergic supplement for pregnant and breastfeeding women as it causes rash and skin irritation.
- Allergies can arise from individuals who react to the intake of fish and Marine sources of collagen. That is why before it is prescribed a test would be carried out on the individual to see if it is suitable for them.
- Most times, this collagen has an offensive odor and a sour taste which makes people dislike it.
- Some individuals are concerned about mad cow disease and animal products that is why they decide to stay away from this product.
Take note that Bovine collagen should not be a substitute for medical advice. Ensure to communicate with your doctor before consuming.
Benefits of Bovine Collagen Gummies, Liquid or Capsules or Powder Uses
Listed below are 6 major benefits of Bovine collagen
- They are vital in treating stiff joint, joint damage, bone fracture and pains. It aids motion, arthritis treatment and eradicates any traces of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis conditions.
- They help rejuvenate the skin, treat several skin disorders and build body essential tissues.
- They are a very good supplement for patients suffering from insomnia. They help improve the quality of sleep in a natural way without any adverse side effect.
- They help in the treatment of skin acne, minimize the effect of aging and improve physical appearance.
- Bovine collagen powder enhances weight loss process, metabolism and digestive processes.
- They are good for gaining thicker hair.
Collagens are a necessity when it comes to our health and general wellbeing. As discussed above, they are totally natural supplement that barely have an adverse effect. Ensure to include this supplement in your diet and enjoy the benefits.