Getting engaged is an exciting phase in every woman’s life. Even though the engagement is a commitment between two couples in love, sometimes it means more to the woman compare to the man. Relationship comes in different forms and sizes, it might be a man and a woman, a woman and a woman or a man and a man. We need to be accepting and respectful over one’s decision and choices. Well, the question of the day is, how do you truly congratulate a couple who had recently or just got engaged? Do you just send a regular message or do a little more by sending messages that are truly meaningful and representative of the couples.
Meaningful Messages to Write on Your Engagement Gifts
You can always write a personalized message that truly represents the couple on the gift you plan on gifting them on their successful engagement. Some can be meaningful, others funny and even a quote from your favorite poet. Anything to put a smile on the couple and make them feel special and loved.
The following are examples of some of our beautiful engagement messages.
- May your love for each other only strengthen as time goes by.
- May your love shine brighter and your companionship grows richer with each passing day.
- May you both be blessed with lifelong happiness.
- Wishing you a lifetime of joy, love, and happiness.
- Wishing you the very best as you begin to plan your lives together.
- Wishing you both the happily ever after you so very much deserve.
- Through the storms of life, may your love blossom.
Funny Messages for Engagement
Putting some humor in everything you do makes things feel even more special. Even though engagements are pretty special and important, who said you can't make it feel and look funny. Besides, it’s going to make your gift and card stand out, and a good laugh will never be forgotten. Here are some good yet hilarious engagement messages to send to a couple on the news of their successful engagement;
- Engagement marks the apex of a relationship’s love and happiness. It’s all downhill from here. Congratulations!
- Technically and traditionally, engagement is known as the promise to marry. But practically it is known as the promise and first step to lifelong slavery. Congratulations.
- There are two types of couples. The first type is the couple who fights and argues after getting engaged. The second type… is yet to be discovered.
- You are lucky to have found your perfect match in each other. I don’t think anyone else could have tolerated either of you as their life partners. Congratulations on your engagement!
- Getting engaged is like putting a down payment on a mortgage which you will be a lifetime liability. Congratulations!
Congratulations Quotes to Use
These quotes might sound romantic, but they are also extremely old sayings. And if you listen and read enough, you will learn one or a few things from them. They’re quotes from renowned people from different areas of life.
“There are many blanks left in the weeks of courtship, which a loving faith fills with happy assurance." - George Eliot
“You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I've never been so strong. Now I'm where I belong." - Maya Angelou
“We start a relationship with someone not only because of how great they are but how great they make us feel. And because they have granted us this extraordinary gift—a chance to experience love, joy, compassion, and security —it is our exclusive privilege to make them feel wonderful about themselves, especially during days when they, themselves, don't feel so wonderful." - Kamand Kojouri
“We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." - Robert Fulghum
“The Oriole weds his mottled mate, the Lily weds the bee; Heaven's marriage ring is round the earth, let me bind thee? " - Victorian Card
“In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." - Maya Angelou
“Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and beginning of an eternal love story."- Rajeev Ranjan
“May your love for each other always shine brightly! Well wishes on your engagement!" - Anonymous
“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. " - Nora Ephron
“All commands from your lips are sweet, I say, and now have you not said the sweetest of all? Marry you!" - Byron Caldwell Smith
“The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
Best Wishes for Sister
Your sister getting engaged is an exciting news to begin with. Mostly because you love her and want absolutely nothing but the best for her, and secondly, you probably can’t wait to be her maid of honor or bride maids. The following is a sweet message to send to a sister that on their engagement;
- Best wishes to the best couple I know. You truly love each other and it shows. Congratulations on your engagement my sister!
- When you look at each other I see true love. I am so proud and happy for you my sister. Happy engagement!
- I can’t wait to see your family grow. Congratulations to my best friend, and my sister on getting engaged!
- May you two chase your dreams hand- in-hand and may you build your future heart-to-heart. Happy engagement wishes my sister!
- I wish you a blessed and abundant life with your future husband. I am thrilled that you are engaged my sister. Congratulations!
- All the best I wish for you, a lifetime of happiness full of love too. Happy engagement wishes for my sister!
- I wish you lots of love, miles of smiles and the best day because you’re engaged! Congratulations my lovely sister!
- May God shower you and your future husband with abundance, blessings, love and everlasting bliss. Happy engagement my sister!
Engagement is a special milestone that hopefully occurs once in a lifetime for some people while others a couple of time. But either ways, it should be a special moment in every persons life, be it a man or a woman. It becomes the responsibility of the family and friends to support and be happy for them by being there and sending them special messages and gifts to demonstrate your support. It need not be expensive, but should be something special that comes from the heart. Try and keep the messages and quotes on the positive side. It can be funny, cute, meaningful, but mostly something to encourage the couples on their upcoming new journey together as one.