Refresher: Mean Girls Movie and its Importance to the 90s Girls
The 90s don’t sound very old unless you count the years. Being a 90s girl means you were grown up in a time when “Mean Girls” became the talk of the town. Many teens and tweens of the time could relate to it in one way or the other.
Mean Girl was a cult-status classic, no wonder why it is still so important for the 90s girls. It beautifully portrayed high school charm and reality. It deserves to live through thousands of next teenage generations and viewed as a classic high school comedy.
What makes it extremely important is the fact that 90s ladies derive their life inspiration from this women-centric movie, either to lose three pounds or understand the rules of feminism.
The cast also plays a role in making the audience fall in love with Mean Girls. Every single person was certainly perfect for their roles. Without any of those actors, the movie wouldn’t be the same. Mean Girls gave a career break to everyone from Tim Meadows to Lizzy Caplan. What makes Mean Girls worth falling in love is that it was equal parts serious, funny, emotional and most importantly relatable. The impact that it made on the viewer’s hearts is all because they could relate themselves to the characters. All the characters portrayed real-life traits and were phenomenal. The movie is free from all sorts of flowery fantasies and drama, which made it the audience's all-time favorite.
20 Mean Girls Quotes So Apt for Our Lives!
“Mean Girls” is full of memorable quotes that sit so aptly on our lives we might wonder if they were solely written for us. We are listing 20 of those all-time favorite and relatable quotes below to take you on a journey down the memory lane.
1. “Grool. I meant to say great but then I started to say cool.”-Cady.
Who doesn’t make up new words by fusing two already existing words? We all do right.
2. “It’s not my fault you’re like, in love with me, or something!” Says Cady the main character. Love is an uncontrollable reaction and we human beings just cannot control who we are falling in love with.
3. “Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.”-Regina George.
Feeling down? Grab your friends and hit the mall. Shopping is an ultimate stress reliever for all of us including the Mean Girls.
4. “Is butter a carb?” Regina isn’t sure about it just like you and me.
5. “I wish we could all get along as we used to in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.” Good old days, when happiness used to be in simple gestures. We all miss being that easygoing and happy, right?
6. “If only you knew how mean she really is, you’d know that I’m not allowed to wear hoop earrings, right? Yeah, two years ago she told me hoops earrings were her thing, and I wasn’t allowed to wear them anymore. And then for Hanukkah, my parents got this pair of really expensive white gold hoops and I had to pretend like I didn’t even like them. It was so sad.” We all need to make some sacrifices for our friends.
7. “Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What’s so great about Caesar? Hmm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that’s not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!” We all have Caesars in our lives and we can’t stop dreaming about stabbing them.
8. “There are two kinds of evil people in this world. Those who do evil stuff and those who see evil stuff being done and don’t try to stop it.”-Janis Ian. Witnessing evil stuff happens and staying quiet about it is an equally shameful act as doing evil.
9. “In the real world, Halloween is when kids dress up and beg for candy. But in the girl world, Halloween is the one time of year a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girl can say anything about it. No one had told me about the girl world rule.”-Cady Heron. Sadly we women can’t stop passing judgments on other women. Halloween takes away the fear of judgment and everyone can dress up according to their choice.
10. “I know she’s kind of socially retarded and weird, but she’s my friend… so, just promise me you won’t make fun of her.”-Regina George. Whatever happens one should always stick to their friends back and never leave each other alone in tough times.
11. “Whatever, I’m getting cheese fries.” Cheese fries make life easy so whatever happens let's keep binging on cheese fries.
12. “I’m sorry that people are so jealous of me. But I can’t help it that I’m popular.” That's the level of confidence we need to get through life.
13. “So if you’re from Africa, why are you white?” The most common misconception, only black people come from Africa. If you are white you just can’t belong to Africa, my friend.
14. “I can’t go out. *cough, cough* I’m sick.” Been there done that. We all have pretended to be sick at some point in our lives.
15. “Evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don’t be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing sl*t faced ho-bag, but in reality, she’s so much more than that.” We all have someone like Regina in our lives.
16. "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom.”- Mrs. George. No mother is a regular mom; they all have different superpowers which make them stand out among the crowd. Every single mother out there can relate to this one.
17. “Ok, so we’re all here ’cause of this book, right? Well, I don’t know who wrote this book, but you all have got to stop calling each other sl*ts and w***es. It just makes it OK for guys to call you sl*ts and w***es. Who here has ever been called a sl*t?” The wise advice by Ms. Norbury a hilarious teacher, We women should empower other women and stop bringing each other down by calling names, as it makes it okay for men to call us names then.
18. “The limit does not exist.”-Cady Heron. If you picture a limit for yourself then there will be a limit, if you firmly believe that limits don’t exist there won’t be any limits.
19. “I just wanted to say that you’re all winners.” – Mr. Duvall. This is the motivation that we all need to steer our boats to life’s shore.
20. “I know I may seem like a bitch, but that’s only because I’m acting like a bitch.” – Cady Heron. At times nobody can help to be a bitch, bitch mode just comes out naturally and goes on its own.
Mean Girls Quiz: Bring Out the Mean Girl in You!
Don’t we all have a tinge of the mean girl in us? Yes, we do. After watching the movie on repeat countless times who doesn’t want to know which mean girl is more like them? It can be done very easily by taking quizzes available on the internet. These quizzes let you find out which mean girl are you accurately. If you are more like Cady, Regina, Janis, Gretchen or Karren? Do these quizzes include questions like; in a group of friends which title suits you best? Are you the funny one or the smart one? Which personality traits suit you best? Are you an attention seeker? Are you a leader? Which subjects do you enjoy most? How mean are you? Do you care for others? Are you random or unique? Do you want to be popular? Do you think you are smart? And many other similar questions. Click on the link below to take a quiz and find out which mean girl are you.
Mean Girls is the most iconic teen movie ever and will always have a special spot in the heart of every girl from the 90s. The awesome foursome Mean Girls came up with some iconic lines that can never be forgotten by 90s girls. These dialogues derive their inspiration from real life and this is the reason why they are still so damn apt.
The situations, dialogues and characters from the movie are extremely relatable for girls that are currently in high school. Mean Girls launched a new era of teen comedies with its most impactful dialogues. Mean Girls impacted our lives so much that we still mark our calendars on 3rd October and wear pink on Wednesdays.