Why do you Need Baby Travel Beds?
As all parents know, traveling with an infant is challenging. This is mostly due to the baby’s discomfort on the long trip. If you are a parent who loves to travel or vacation with your family then travel beds for your baby or toddler are a must-have item. They will keep your tiny loved one comfortable enough to sleep on those long trips. However, your baby’s comfort is not the only factor you should consider when shopping for travel beds. They also need to have features that are useful to both you and your baby and they must be easy to pack and carry along with you on your trip.
Here are some reviews for the best baby and toddler travel beds for the plane, car, and for camping.
Reviews of Baby Travel Beds for Plane Rides
Travel by plane can be hectic, even more so when you have a fussy baby as a flying companion. Calm your nerves and your baby with these amazing travel beds best used in planes.
1. JetKids BedBox
The BedBox is made for children up to 7 years old. The all in one box is your child's hand luggage, carry-on suitcase and bed or leg-rest. Moving and hauling the BedBox is made easy with its functional swivel wheels. A storage unit for toys ensures that your young one has everything they need to keep them entertained during a flight. These ride on suitcases are one of the most popular items amongst child travel gear because they eliminate much of the hassles that come with traveling with small children. Though the product has been approved by many major international airlines, it is not allowed to be used during takeoff, landing or turbulence.
- Works perfectly for allowing children to sleep on an airplane.
- Perfect for storing toys while traveling and walking around the airport.
- This all in one product double as child's suitcase and sleep area.
- This product has minimal padding and it not very sturdy.
- The wheels don't lock which makes it difficult to secure the BedBox into place. It will move and roll if you bump it accidentally.
- Some flight services (Airfrance) have banned this product because it can be a flight hazard during times of major turbulance due to its hard exterior.
The Flyebaby is an infant airplane seat that makes traveling with baby easy. Like our previous product, the Flyebaby can’t be used during taxiing, landing or take off due to FAA safety standards. However, the products are compliant with all FAA regulations. Strap Flyebaby around your waist and attach it to your seat to allow a face - to - face interaction that is likely to keep your baby relaxed and comfortable during the flight. Designed as a hammock and harness, it was made to convert any chair to a high chair making it the perfect baby product for traveling.
- Comfortable for small babies and infants.
- Easy to use with good support.
- Easy to set up.
- Being able to face o or dad during the flight keeps baby happy.
- Good alternative to a bassinet.
- Does not leave a comfortable amount of room for parents when flying economy.
- Is not compatible with all chairs or seats.
- It is difficult to get good tension on the straps when seats of plane are too close together.
SkyBaby is designed as a travel mattress that can be used in conjunction with an airplanes loop belt. However, the product works with or without the airline infant belt. This light and compact baby travel bed can easily be transported in carry-on bags. The clips allow for external attachment to luggage bags which save space. It’s suitable to use with children from newborn up to two years old, depending on the size of the child. It’s designed to sit on the parents lap and provide security and comfort for the baby. The SkyBaby has a thicker, padded pillow section, and wings which hug the baby keeping him/her happy and relaxed on the flight.
- Small, portable and made from quality materials.
- Perfect amount of padding to keep baby comfortable.
- Best used for infants and small babies.
- The rubber band button close does not work so well if baby is fussy and moving around a lot.
Reviews of Baby Travel Beds for Camping with Mosquito Net
Travel beds with mosquito nets are an essential item to have with you if you are planning a camping trip with your baby or toddler. In particular, children and babies are the least protected from mosquitoes and are the most susceptible to mosquito born illnesses and diseases. It is especially important to ensure that you protect them from these insects. Protect your loved one with these superb baby and toddler beds designed with built-in mosquito nets.
1. Xuzirui Baby Travel Bed
Protect your loved one from mosquitoes and other insects that carry disease. This baby tent has several zipper rolls and is surrounded on all 4 sides by breathable mesh. This allows you to keep the baby safe by also adjusting the amount of air and sun the baby gets.
- Made with breathable mesh that keeps baby safe from the sun and insects.
- Light weight and easy to set up.
- Takes up very little space when not put together.
- Little padding and cushioning on floor of bed.
- More tent like and less bed like.
2. Kidco PeaPod
This light weight travel bed is designed for children aged 1 to 3 years. PeaPod is lightweight, easy to set up and dismantle and adds a personal touch to your baby's sleep tent in a variety of colors. This is a perfect product for camping trips, long sleep and hotel trips. It does not atter where you go, your little one will sleep comfortably in their KidCo PeaPod!
- Easy to clean
- Wires can be damaged if the product is not handled with care.
- No padding.
3. Babymoov Babyni
This pop-up 3-in-1 travel bed is also a playpen, and activity gym for toddlers and infants. It is made with materials that offer UV protection with a sun shade vizor and net that protects your loved one from bugs and elements. Babyni features an easy to use and versatile pop up system that includes toys that will keep you little one entertained for hours.
- Can be used from birth
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use pop up system
- UV protection
- Hard to fold and get back into its bag.
- Instruction booklet is not easy to follow.
Reviews for Baby Travel Beds for Car Rides
One of the most important things to consider when planning a family trip is ensuring that everyone will get a peaceful night rest, especially your baby or toddler. Good rest is essential for their growth. Comfort is equally important. If your loved one is uncomfortable, you can be sure that you will be uncomfortable too. What accommodations will work best for your loved one? The answer to that is a baby travel bed.
1. Leachco BumpZZZ
I have this memory from when I was about 5 or 6 years old. My parents had packed me and my little brother into the back of our family’s old Astro van and set out on a trip to the hills of Arkansas. They had gathered blankets and pillows for us to sleep with during that long 14-hour road trip. Though I was sure that went against at least several safety precautions, it was the most comfortable I had ever been traveling. Why? Because I had a place to rest. Your child can have that luxury too with Leachco’s BupZZZ.
- Compatible with crib sheets
- Good design
- Takes up a lot of space when storing.
- Hard to get back into bag.
2. Reste Kids and Baby Travel Bed
Reste’s travel bed for children is designed to provide a safe and comfortable sleeping place for your little one when on the go. It can also be used as a changing table. The lightweight design is easy to assemble and store when not in use as it does not take up much space. The drawstring carrying bag makes traveling with the bed stress free. The padded mattress pad is both washable and detachable.
- Easy clean up.
- Can be used as temporary play pin.
- Easy storage.
- Padding is thin.
- Smaller than stated. Best used for infants and small toddlers.
Milliard Portable Toddler Bumper Bed
The Milliard Toddler Travel Bumper Bed is the perfect place for your child to relax during travel. The soft, comfortable material is waterproof and washable. The bed folds easily and makes for simple storage. While in the folded position, it can be used as a suitcase to store clothes, pillows and blankets or toys. Millard ensures safety with this product by using foam materials that are certified to be free of toxins and chemicals. The gap-free design features unique Velcro flap closures that keep your loved ones extra safe.
- Convenient and quick set up
- Easy to clean.
- Compatible with crib sheets.
- Bulky and large.
- Velour material is easy to dirty.
- Inner Velcro is rough.
So are you planning for a trip? Start using these reviews to your benefit and shop for the most suitable travel bed for your loved ones!