Holt McCallany Wiki: Top 5 Facts To Know About Bill From 'Mindhunter'
Have you watched Mindhunter and the role of Bill Tench played by Holt McCallany fascinated you? If you want to know more about this amazing actor, here are some unknown facts about McCallany.
Jan 01, 2018
Who is Holt McCallany?
Born on September 3, 1963, in New York City, and standing at a height of 6'1", Holt McCallany began his career with theatre before being seen in small roles in movies. “Causalities of War," “Alien 3,” and “Rough Riders” were some of the movies he started his career with. Since then, he has been seen in the film and television industry doing incredible work. “Fight Club," “Below,” and “Monster Trucks” are some of his movies that are worth watching. He has collaborated on many other projects behind the camera as well. McCallany’s net worth is $20 million. Apart from this, he also gets paid for endorsements, sponsorship, and ads. McCallany makes $2,352,941 annually with an additional $522,876 out of endorsements and sponsorships. He also gets paid for his albums like "Blue Bloods," "Monster Trucks," "Golden Boy," "The Losers," "Fight Club," and more.
McCallany's Latest Hit
In his latest movie, "Shot Caller," McCallany put on a lot of muscle for playing the role of ‘Jerry the Beast.’ The actor looks amazing with a heavy beard and shaved head. He felt that this transformation was crucial for his performance. McCallany said it felt great to get that Hollywood torso. Be bulked himself up with a steady diet and some squats, deadlifts, and bench press. McCallany has spent most of his career in supporting roles. A good thing about McCallany is that no matter how small of a role it is, he has always brought intensity to the screen. Fortunately, with "Shot Caller," he got a handful of scenes. Let’s hope the actor gets more opportunities like these to show his talent to the world.
5 Facts About Holt McCallany
1. Dating since 2006, McCallany and wife Nicole Wilson are a couple adored by everyone. Holt is 54 years old, and Wilson is 32 years old. McCallany might be bigger than his wife in height, but the two still make an awesome couple. Wilson is a TV actress and an artist. She belongs to a family of actors too. She is the daughter of Kevin Wilson (a Broadway actor) and Dr. Mary Jo Wilson (a psychologist). She is popularly known for her roles in the TV series “All My Children” and “As the World Turns." In the "Hollywood" world it isn't normal, but McCallany has had no other relationships other than the one with his wife. He shares a great bond with her, which is why the two are still together.
2. Establishing a career when your parents are actors too is a tough thing to do as a beginner. But McCallany managed to make his way through the challenges and proved his worth as an actor. Michael McAloney was an Irish producer and actor and McCallany's father, of course. “Borstal Boy” is one of his Tony Award-winning projects. Unfortunately, in 2000, his father died. After five years, his mother, actress, and singer Julie Wilson passed away too. She won a Tony Award for her performance in “Legs Diamond” and was time and again referred to as the “Queen of Cabaret."
3. McCallany has moved around a lot. He moved to Dublin, Ireland because his father wanted him and his brother to have an Irish education. During this time, however, his parents stayed in the United States. When he and his brother came back to the states, they lived in New Jersey where they further attended school. From here, they both moved to Nebraska to live with their grandparents before leaving to Los Angeles at the age of 14. McCallany was sent back to County Kildare, Dublin to attend a boarding school. Finishing things in Dublin, McCallany studied in L’Ecole Jacques Lecoq, L’Ecole Marcel Marceau, and the Paris American Academy in France. At the beginning of his career, he spent a lot of time living in Edinburgh, Scotland, and Oxford, England. After some time he returned to New York City.
4. In “Tyson," the HBO telefilm, McCallany appeared as a legendary boxer, Teddy Atlas. This telefilm was the reason he became an Atlas Foundation Charity supporter. The organization supports children and families who experience medical and financial hardships.
5. McCallany playing Bill Tench in the crime drama TV series “Mindhunter” has got everyone tied to their seats watching him deal with serial killers. On October 13th, 2017, the book-based series by Mark Olshaker and John E. Douglas aired on Netflix. The story revolves around the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit in which McCallany plays the role of an FBI agent. This isn’t the first time McCallany has fought crime. He played the role of a homicide detective, John Hagen, in "CSI: Miami." However, he only had a few scenes with his role in CSI. McCallany spent a lot of time in the gym to prepare for the role of Bill Tench. He gained 25 pounds to get a physique that would fit his character. Good news for the "Mindhunter" fans is that the series has been renewed for a second season as well.
Let's hope that just as his increasing net worth, McCallany's chances of getting more lead roles increase too. He sure is carving his path and putting a lot of effort to explore any of the characters we've seen him play on screen. We can see that from the way he performs. When success comes a bit later in life, it is sweeter because it feels like you have worked for it and have finally got what you deserve. So, for McCallany, things have started to get exciting.