Your Boy In Blue
Who doesn't love a man in a uniform? Dating a cop can be one of the most thrilling experiences of your life. No doubt he has been around danger before, and more likely than not has a great sense of justice. He wears the uniform of one of the most respected and dangerous jobs in the entire world, and must constantly maintain his mental and physical strength to serve and protect his countrymen. Dating a cop will seem like a challenge at times, but can be extremely rewarding to one with the right personality.
What to Expect When Dating a Cop
Driver: “I thought you didn’t ticket pretty girls?” Officer: “You’re right ma’am we don’t. Sign here, press hard 5 copies.” • 📸:NBKPhotography • #haltonpolice #haltonregionalpolice #burlington #milton #oakville #acton #georgetown #haltonhills #nbkphotography #opp #ontarioprovincialpolice #ontario #police #officer #thinblueline #thinredline #ford #fordinterceptor #policeinterceptor #explorer #taurus
Listed below are some pros and cons of dating a police officer. Let us know what you think about the list, and if you have anything to add!
Pros of Dating a Cop
1. Security - Dating a cop who interacts with criminals on a daily basis gives you a certain level of security and safety than a regular guy off of the street. He will have experience in combat, and you can expect him to have the advantage in a violent situation. Dating a policeman who is fresh off duty also means he will be armed at all times.
2. Independence - Have you ever seen those couples that spend every minute of the day in each other's arms? Well, you will not get that with a cop. If you are dating a cop, he will be expected to be on duty most days, and even holidays. If you are a very independent and ambitious person with your own goals, sometimes that extra free time can help you feel not so suffocated by your relationship. You can use the extra time to run errands, take a nap, meditate, or even go shopping.
3. He'll be a natural leader - In the line of duty, he will need to make key decisions, sometimes on the spur of the moment, and assert himself to effectively resolve civilian issues. You can expect your cop to take that leadership trait home and run the household efficiently. Can't decide on where to eat? Facing some maintenance issues? Stressed out? You can expect a cop to tackle these issues head-on in a decisive manner.
O mundo está nas mãos daqueles que tem a coragem de sonhar e de correr o risco de viver os seus sonhos. E por falta de coragem, muitos viverão uma vida comum, simples e sem grandes desafios... ⚡🌵💀🏃 #medula #pmce #pm #futuropmce #policiafederal #policiacivil #policiamilitar #pm #futuropm #guerreirosfardados #armedforces #operacionais #soldier #soldado #policia #militar #military #police #avidadopolicialimporta #orgulhoempertencer #papamike Foto: @thiagoamorim.oficial
4. He'll command respect in the community - Being a police officer is a dangerous job. You can expect him to receive praise, respect, and even free gifts from the community. A police officer with a good personality will be loved by the entire community. He will be thanked for making people's lives safer, he will be sought out for advice by young boys, and he will love you just as much as the community loves him.
#vindiesel #dominictoretto #brianoconner #rippaulwalker #paulwalker #rip #therock #jasonstatham #fastandfurious7 #miatoretto #lettyortiz #tyresegibson #ludacris #seeyouagain #forpaul #fastandfurious #furious7 #family #carros #lastride #rideordie #codywalker #homesweethome #wizkhalifa #charlieputh #fastandfurious8
5. His driving skills will be top notch - Most police officers are expected to work a certain territory and are given a badge, uniform, firearm, and vehicle. Since much of his job will center around answering civilian calls, he will spend a large portion of his day in a vehicle. Throughout his entire career, not only will he have learned to drive in difficult situations, but also will know how to get around town more efficiently and avoid collisions. You can rest easy knowing that your life is in the hands of a seasoned, experienced driver with years of practice.
6. He will have a good heart - Police officers are often underpaid and work long hours. But the greatest reward for a police officer is to see the tremendous positive value that he adds to the community. Many civilians join the police force because they want to make a change for the better in their communities. Dating a police officer means you are dating a man of high moral character who has a tendency towards altruism.
7. Expect your cop to be a strong man - Police academies across the world have various requirements for a member to be a part of law enforcement. Fitness is one such requirement, being tested at the law enforcement, military, and noncombatant levels. Dating a cop means you will always have a strong man to assist you in anything you need - carrying heavy objects, moving boxes, or even just helping carry groceries to the house.
Repost from @cbcedmonton with text: This is Const. Michael Chernyk. He was run over and stabbed several times Saturday night. He is now at home recovering from his injuries. 📸: EPS #yeg #alberta #yegstrong#lovewins #gratitude #brave#eps #edmontonstrong #edmontonpolice #bekind #noterrorism #juststop #prayforedmonton #canada #cbc #riseup #resist #guncontrol #myhometown #fuckterrorism #nowar #peace #dignity #healing #heart #lovematters #peace #prayforpeace #worldpeace #powertothepeaceful #togetherwearestronger
8. He will be brave - For a man to take a job where he puts his life on the line every day, he must be courageous and calm. If you are dating a cop, he will be able to deal with fear much better than a normal guy. He will respond to scary situations with a calm, gentle demeanor. His resilience after years of dealing with lawbreakers will help you find your inner peace as well.
Cons of Dating a Cop
Quizás el es más feliz al no ser un engranaje en esta sociedad. Divino Anticristo, personaje del #barriolastarria 📸📸📸 #calle #homeless #night #noche #noctuna #sepia #blackandwhite #art #arte #man #street #streetstyle #streetphotography #streetshot #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #follow #followme #photooftheday #tagsforlikes #beautiful #like #smile #like4like #bellasartes #DivinoAnticristo
9. He will not have a lot of money - A quick Google search for pay statistics for cops shows numbers that are quite low, considering the amount of personal and professional risk they go through every day. If you are dating a cop, you will not go to the fancy restaurant across town, nor will you get first row seats at the opera (unless he's really trying to impress you). He will most likely be living a modest lifestyle in a mid-to-small sized home. If you two are located in a high cost of living area, he will either be living pay check to pay check or making a bit more money (depending on how officers in your locale are compensated).
"Pendulum" by Margarita Georgiadis @margarita.georgiadis #art #painting #oilpainting #oiloncanvas #figurative #figurativeart #thefemaleform #awomansbody #nudeart #nudepainting #desnudo #nu #arte #kunst #peinture #pintura #живопись #pittura #예술 #艺术 #アート #figurepainting #pendulum #margaritageorgiadis #grief #sadness #depression
10. You will feel a lack of control - Dating a cop can be stressful. He is tied to his duty to protect and serve citizens, and sometimes you may feel like there is nothing you can do to support him. When he goes to help with disaster relief operations or apprehend criminals, you might feel frustrated that you are sitting at home on the sidelines with no way to assist him. This lack of control in his destiny will put a lot of pressure on some women, and make it hard for them to cope with the relationship.
11. He must answer the call of duty - If there is an emergency, he will sometimes be expected to drop everything he is doing to help resolve the situation. It would not matter if you were in the middle of a date, trip, or dinner. Some officers must go in during emergencies because it is in their job description, but others are bound by honor and have a big heart - they feel compelled to help other people in their times of need. Unfortunately, sometimes he can focus so much on helping others that he forgets about you.
12. Criminals will hate him - Criminals are some of the most dangerous people on this planet. If you are dating a cop, he will be in the profession of putting some of these criminals away. Dating a cop means that you understand that some of these criminals can have very unsettling personalities and may seek to harm your cop. Additionally, dating a cop means that you are seen as an extension of the cop, and sometimes, a very angry criminal will harm the person the cop is dating if he cannot get ahold of the cop.
13. His assigned hours can be terrible - Some cops are expected to work very undesirable hours. Crime happens 24 hours a day, and sometimes dating a cop means you are dating someone who is assigned to work the night shift. The night shift means he will be sleeping during the day, and at night is when many crimes happen as well. Know that if you are dating a cop, sometimes his schedule will not match up well with yours.
"Its judgment that destroys us" -kurtz Apocalpse now K? !k.\! #burningman #edm #cosplay #festival #yoga #smart #gamer #women #ptsd #brc #danrather #harvard #dtla #veteran #trauma #gtd #synergy #peace #permaculture #psychology #worldpeace #nokillhuman #nkh #legalize #ted #circus #ibiza #tantra #ayurveda
14. PTSD is real - Being a cop is a stressful job. Dating a stressed cop can be even worse. Many cops undergo daily stresses when on the job, especially in high-crime areas. Imagine driving around town knowing that any moment could be your last because all criminals view you as an enemy. Many cops have had experiences that make it difficult for them to sleep at night. These experiences can cripple them for life, and if you are going to be dating a cop for a long time, you may need to help the cop deal with that baggage.
15. Expect the worst. Expect the possibility of death - Being a cop is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet. Few have the right personality to handle the stresses of cop life, and even fewer will be resilient enough to dare a cop. There is no advice, no pros or cons, and no personality that will help you cope with death. Death is an unfortunate and inevitable reality for those who put themselves in constant danger. If you are dating a cop, you may be dating a man who will be shot in the line of duty in the future.
Advice for Dating a Cop
Below are some quick tips and advice to consider when you are dating a cop. 1. Have fun - When he is out with you, he is not at work. Try not to ask him too much about his job, especially if he does stressful tasks for a living. Help him unwind and have fun so that he is balanced and stable for the tough days ahead. 2. Give him time with his brothers in arms - If possible, you want to encourage him to spend time with his fellow officers outside of work. These are the people that will have his back in the field, and may even save his life one day. 3. Don't assume, just support him in hard times - Sometimes it can feel like he is distant or unavailable, but it is hard to see what goes through another person's mind until you walk a mile in their shoes. You may think he is being distant, but he may have seen a gruesome murder that day.
In conclusion, dating a cop has its pros and cons. Your partner could be a sweet, strong, and dependable leader in your household but there are some definite risks that reality throws into the relationship. It takes a lot of mental and physical fortitude to brave the risks of law enforcement life, but it takes just as much willpower to give your heart to a man who is in that situation as well.