Top 25 Ways to Make a Girl Happy
How many times have we heard a guy complain about not knowing what to give his girl for an event, or what to do for date night, or that he generally has no idea what’s going on? Honestly, getting a girl's attention and making her happy is not that complicated. If you know what makes her smile, and you show your girl how much you actually do care about her, you can't go wrong. Of course, the hardest part is knowing exactly how to show a girl that you care. Guys tend to overthink it, and it makes for either a complete disaster or the girl not taking you seriously. So take the time to read through how to make a girl smile, and how to make her happy when she is dating you. Sometimes it can be something as simple as saying something sweet over text or making sure to talk to your girl, even if you're tired after a long day. Keep your girl from getting sad and feeling less than romantic about the relationship you two share. In case you're lacking creativity or just simply want some fresh ideas, here are your basic and best ways to make your girl happy.
1. Surprise the sadness out of your girl
A girl loves being surprised. They love random acts of love and small unexpected gifts. If it is spontaneous and somewhat thoughtful, it is definitely going to be a win. It keeps things exciting, and a girl will be happy when she feels like she was worth the effort. Be sure not to do anything obnoxious or overly loud. Try these some of these well-chosen, sweet surprises to make your girl happy:
2. Something simple like a bear hug from behind is always a winner with a girl. She will love the tiny moments you take out of the day to remind her that she is your one and only. It will be impossible for her not to smile. 3. Leave some flowers on the table at home with a simple card that tells her that you love her, and were thinking about her. You can also take them to where she works. You can send them or bring them to her yourself. She will love feeling spoiled and will feel so much pride in the fact that you are willing to buy her flowers and bouquets, even on a weekday. If at all possible try to bring them in yourself. A girl loves the in-person attention that comes with that and will be so happy that you made an effort to see her. Maybe do it during her lunch break so you two can grab a bite and chat also. She will love the surprise visit, and no matter what crisis she is dealing with on the job, she will be glad to have that melt away into a little lunch visit from her babe. Dress up a little if you really want to put a smile on her face. Girls love it when guys go the extra mile and put on a tie. 4. Take her on a day trip to somewhere new or somewhere special to the both of you. Going on romantic trips is a surefire way to make your girl happy and swoon over you. 5. Get your girl a gift. It could be a perfume you love, jewelry, or art…you choose! It can be generic, but a really great way to grab her attention and make her happy is to give her something really thoughtful. Maybe she mentioned something she loved as a little girl, or maybe she was eyeing a certain pair of earrings last time you two went out. Keep mental notes on that kind of thing, and she will more than likely notice how much you care about her and what she wants. You don't need to buy her affection. Just make sure your gifts are meaningful and she'll be happy with that. 6. If you want to do something more meaningful, do something personal. Come up behind her and kiss her neck as you tell her how much you love her. It does not need to be a grand surprise to amaze her. It just needs to be spontaneous. As great as it is to hear how much you love her during the usual chat, or over text, not hearing it meaningfully in person can make a girl more than sad. Make sure you are being passionate about your feelings when you are with her - again, not just over text.
7. Make your girl something and she will no doubt get pretty happy about it
Making something from scratch shows effort, and makes a girl feel special because you took all that time as you made it to think about her. Something personal is always the answer. Even if it looks homespun or cheesy, she is not going to be sad about it. As long as she knows it was thoughtfully crafted, your girl is sure to be smiling ear to ear, happy as a clam. Try making: 8. A card. Decorate it, sketch, paint, however you like to make things, and write about how much your girl means to you on the inside of it. Bonus points if you tape tickets to a movie or a play inside for a future date night any girl would love. The fact that you are thinking ahead and are ready for the next romantic outing will speak volumes about how much you love her company. She'll be so happy to know that not only do you care about her now, but you're also carefully planning out future dates. 9. Cook her favorite dish for a romantic dinner. Make fun or fancy decorations and lay out the food so that it looks pretty. If she was sad or feeling blue about anything that day, those feelings are bound to disappear as soon as she sees what you concocted for her. It will make your girl feel super special. Don't worry about whether or not it will taste or look perfect. She will melt with happiness at the fact that you tried making her favorite dish, and of course, guys are cute when they cook.
10. A happy girl means a good texting game on your end.
Nothing is worse than when your boyfriend won’t text you back, or just never initiates it. Texting is a way to show that even though you are not physically with someone at the moment, you are still thinking of them. Don’t play games, just respond as soon as you can. Again, not everything should be done over text, and most things should be said when you chat in person, but a chat over text can be meaningful as well. Be genuine and consistently text her to let her know she is still on your mind, even when she is not by your side.
11. Send a cute text when your girl is sleeping so that she will wake up to your sweet words. She will never get sad about your lack of keeping in touch, and the fact that you want to chat with her even in the middle of the night, even just over text, will be sure to lift her spirits when she reads it the next day. 12. Always always always send good morning texts. This is a must. It shows that she is the first person you think of when you wake up, and even if she is already up and about, it will be sure to set a meaningful tone to her day. Any girl who gets a sweet "good morning beautiful" greeting her in the morning is without a doubt bound to grin in the early hours, regardless of work issues or chaotic schedules. It's one of the easiest but most effective ways to make her happy. 13. Send her a text while you both are at work or out so she knows you are thinking about her. Say something meaningful like how much you love her, or how beautiful you think she is, or that you were thinking about a specific moment you two had in the past. Make sure it is personal. Don't hold back. If you are sad that you guys are apart, let her know that! Keep her in the loop even when you cannot physically see her. Things she reads over text sometimes stick more simply because she can visually see your words rather than just hear them once. Any girl loves a sweet text. Use that technology to chat, but also to really express to her how you feel when you are not with her. It will always strike a chord. Bonus: send her something a little more steamy every so often. She will definitely be happy and will not be able to take her mind off of you after hearing about how much you miss... whatever it is you fancy.
14. Be romantic.
Women love it when their man gets romantic and a little touchy-feely. Do not hold back, but make sure you are being yourself. Be authentic and do things specifically for them. Make sure you are paying attention to what makes her happy and in the mood for love. Ask your girl questions, and keep the conversation going about what makes her swoon. If you seem genuinely interested, she will open up and help you out a little. Women like to receive romantic gestures, so do not hold back. Stay true to yourself and what you know she likes, but do not be afraid to think outside the box a little. Here are a few winning ideas:
15. Slow dance with your girl, even with no music. Being physically close to her will remind her that you are not only in love with her personality and the way she makes you laugh, but are insanely attracted to her and want nothing more than for her to know that. Hold her close and take it from there. Make your girl feel like royalty. Nothing will make her happier than knowing you treasure her. 16. Treat random days like Valentines Day. Every day should feel like that with a girl, but you should actually take the time to fill a few days in every month with flowers or romantic dinners or getting dressy. Get a few heart shaped goodies, or make some fondue for a cute meal done right. Want some ideas outside the realm of food? Take her to a floral shop and buy her favorite type of flowers as a bouquet. A flower shop is where a girl feels romantic and loved. Or do something more laid back, like go see a romantic movie after some light drinks. Whichever route you choose to go, it will no doubt make her feel like a queen and make her incredibly happy and light-hearted. 17. Be sentimental! Remember your anniversaries, let her know you remember the big and small moments, and don’t be afraid to be a little cheesy about it. Been dating for 10 months? Don’t be afraid to celebrate that! Love should not just be about the annual celebrations. Show her even the little milestones are a big deal for you because she's the best thing that has happened to you. Make her feel like the only girl in the world. 18. Hold open the door for her, pull out her chair, take the check, etc. It’s okay to be a little old-fashioned sometimes. Make sure you are sensitive to her wants but make it clear that if she wants to be taken care of, you can do that. Avoid being sexist and close-minded about things though. You want to show that you are a gentleman, but also love her enough to let her define what that is. It will make any girl melt. 19. Don’t be afraid of a little PDA. This may be surprising, but the feeling that her boyfriend just cannot keep his hands off her, even in public, will for sure make her fall a little harder for you. Do not be embarrassed to be a little romantic in public. Certainly don’t be rude about it, but take as many opportunities as you can to show her how much you care. Let her know when you just can’t keep yourself from kissing her, by kissing her despite onlookers staring. A girl loves to feel adored, and when you show your girl that you don't care where you are and you still want to have her close, she will be extremely happy. Keep it appropriate and be considerate of others, but keep her in the mood even when you two are not alone. Just make sure you know what your girl is comfortable with.
20. Let your girl know how much she means to you. Constantly.
Never let her doubt for a moment that she is not only your only girl but also priority number one with you. Make sure she feels loved, and don’t hold back when telling her. The key to a girl feeling happy is helping her feel valued. Make her feel like a gem, and she will never want to let you go. Make sure she knows that you never take her for granted, and you know what you have with her. Get emotionally intimate about it! The goal is to have her truly understand that she is everything to you. Consider these options for expressing your feelings that will really make her happy:
21. Make sure your girl knows that you don’t want to lose her. Tell her frankly how much she means to you, and don’t be afraid to be emotional about it. Let her know that you do not want anything or anyone else, and life wouldn't be nearly as great without her. Never give her a chance to consider if you would rather be somewhere else with some other person or girl. 22. Be intimate as much as possible. Make sure it always feels special, and don’t let her always make the first move. Be spontaneous about it, and make it personal. 23. Tell her you love her and be honest about it. Tell her WHY you love her. If you are really feeling it, delve into detail about it. If not, just keep it concise and simple. Maybe it is a combination of the little things. Maybe it is how big her heart is. Either way, tell her and be truthful. She will know if it is bull crap. 24. Be there when she needs you and always put your time with her first. Show up even if you’re worn out from work or are lacking sleep. If it’s a weekday, that doesn’t mean that you two can't go out on a date. Grab a bite somewhere relaxing. Catch a movie. If you want to do something more low key, just watch some episodes of your favorite TV show together. Just make sure you are making time for her despite other things happening in your life. Yeah, it takes effort, but that is what a relationship needs. Any girl loves the extra time and attention you put into making her happy. Spend as much time as possible with her. Never put your dates or her days off second. The back burner is never ever for girlfriends if you plan on keeping them.
25. Be yourself.
Speak your mind, let her in, be vulnerable, and never put up walls. Let her know that you trust her completely and if she will love and accept you for you, you can do the same. Let her see your quirks and the little things that make up who you are. Let her in on the things you want to change or improve about yourself, and don’t keep secrets. Be openly you, and she will do the same. She obviously likes you for you, if she is choosing to spend her time with you. Make sure your girl knows that you are letting her see the parts of you that others don't know about. As great as it is to be an open book, no girlfriend likes feeling like she only knows you as well as any other person does.
Be confident. Everyone has flaws and insecurities. If you are having a hard time with this, let her know. A girl loves helping boost her man's confidence, and you might have a good time while she does. Either way, it's important to let her in on your state of mind so that she can be sensitive to it, and most importantly have that emotional intimacy that makes a relationship last. She probably has insecurities too, and hopefully, you will able to help make those things go away (this list will definitely come in handy for that).
It is not hard or even complicated.
Love is not stenciled. Don't make her feel like your relationship is just cut from a cookie sheet and similar to every friend you have on Facebook. Make it simply about you two. Never overcomplicate it, and make sure you are sticking to who you are with how you decide to go about this. Things that are cliche can be totally cute if she feels like you came up with it, or were really excited about it. She should not be under any impressions that you just feel like she is a checklist and you had to figure out what to get over with next. Be creative with it, or be cheesy. Whatever you do end up doing to make her smile, make sure it is something that you also feel good about. Do not just google a bunch of cute gestures and go along with them. Do what you feel she will love, and what you think will make her smile. She is YOUR girlfriend, not the internet's, so what does google know anyways?
Plan... or don't.
Spontaneous dates or gestures are sometimes better than carefully planned out, fancy nights on the town. Get a feel for what your girl prefers. If you want to make something a big deal, fine. Plan it out carefully, down to the tiniest of details. If you are just feeling like she needs some love, but are stressed that it won't live up to her expectations, don't stress. A girl will always value the moments that felt the most loving and personal. If you just really want her to feel special but feel like it is going to be lame if, for example, you pick her flowers on a hike you two go on, relax. She will love it. Just go with it. It should be pretty effortless since you have gotten past the "let's play games" stage of the relationship. Don't think about whether or not it is going to make you seem overly sensitive or clingy or maybe just not manly enough. She will love it because it shows that you love her and you don't care what others think about the way you express it. You are going to make her feel happy without a doubt in her mind. So whether or not that means planning out some great excursion out of town, or out of the blue deciding that you two need a couples spa night as you watch that new flick coming out, it will be sure to make your lady happy. She will love the thoughtfulness or the exciting spontaneity that went into it.
So here is to happy girlfriends and smiling lovers!
Get out there and help your gal smile today. The boost of joy is bound to improve not just her mood but yours as well, thus affecting the relationship you two have. Making your honey happy does not have to be complicated, and it does not need to be stressful. Be considerate and make sure you are not doing something to fit the expectations of romantic movies, but for her specifically. If she doesn’t like flowers, don’t give her flowers. She hates dancing? Don’t make her dance with you even if it seems cute. Put her first, and remember that the key to making her smile is by making her feel like she is the only one for you, and you love her unconditionally. Plan accordingly, be spontaneous, and you are guaranteed a happy lady!