Determine What Kind Of Break-Up You Had
Break-ups are never easy even if the relationship has been dead for years and this is why you should be prepared to deal with the pain that comes after parting ways with your partner. Even though you will be hurt, become lonely, and lose friendship you once cherished after going through a break-up, it usually gets easier with time.
There are some things that can help you to move forward easily and one of them is determining the kind of break-up you just had. There are many types of break-ups and the two main types can be classified as short-term and long-term relationship break-ups. Short-term relationship break-ups are mostly associated with online dating and they usually hurt a lot since both parties are left with a huge sense of loss regarding what their relationship could have been if everything worked for them.
One of the things you can do in order for you to heal after going through such a break up is to avoid making any type of judgment and you can do this by using your hobbies to keep yourself busy. Secondary types of break-ups include; mutual break-ups which couples agree that going separate ways is the best thing for them, ultimatum break-ups which involve partners giving each other ultimatums that cannot be achieved, and circumstantial break-ups which occurs because the environment surrounding your relationship does not support it.
A Break Up From A Long-Term Relationship
Among all other types of break-ups, this is one of the hardest to recover from as we not only end up losing a partner and a friend but part of ourselves. This is why you can feel almost as if there is nothing else left for you in this world after a break-up from a long-term relationship. So how do you survive such a devastating breakup?
The first thing you should do is to avoid taking the blame for the failure of your relationship as this will only make your healings harder. After a break-up, it’s normal for you to question why the relationship did not work out as you had planned and it’s during this moment that you will start blaming yourself for the end of your relationship. You should, however, remember that a relationship does not work that way as it usually requires equal input from both partners for it to work out.
You should also avoid being friends with your former partner after a break-up. This presents you with the best chance of letting go and moving on with your life as you are able to put the past behind you - which is not possible if you are always in contact with the person responsible for hurting you. For your heart to fully heal after a break up from a long-term relationship, you also have to cut all types of communication with your ex. No matter how tempted you might be to reach out, try your best to resist it as it will only hurt you more in the long run.
Quotes To Heal Your Heart
1. “Of course! It takes a lot of strength to mend a broken heart. Channelizing energies into your work helps, but also to be able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them helps immensely.”
2. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.”
C. Joybell C.
3. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.”
4. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.”
5. “When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.”
6. “I didn’t ask for it to be over, but then again, I never asked for it to begin. For that is the way it is with life, as some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance. But even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets.”
7. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?”
8. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”
9. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.”
10. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.”
11. “Pain has a crucial role in our lives because it acts as a learning lesson which makes us wiser and more adequate in dealing with life’s idiosyncrasies. When we engage with our suffering completely, we reach a place where pain transforms into acceptance and love.”
12. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.”
13. “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you. Feel sad for them because they gave up on someone who could have never given up on them.”
14. Never lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.”
15. “Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.”
Compatibility Quiz To Review Your Old Relationship And Move On
A love test or a compatibility test is a test that enables you to know if you and your partner are on the same wavelength. A relationship cannot succeed if you and your partner are not in sync which is why such a test is essential for those in a relationship as it helps you know the way forward before it’s too late. This kind of a test can also be very useful after a break up as it can help you to move on with your life by knowing it was not your fault that the relationship came to an end.
A compatibility test meant to review your old relationship in order to help you move on should involve questions such as;
- Do you love your ex? - Knowing if you still have feelings for your ex enables you to know how to deal with those feelings going forward.
- Were you happier when you were with your ex? - It’s good to take a look at how happy you were when you were in that relationship because it because you should always put your happiness first.
- Have you ever met with the parents of your ex? - If you had introduced your former partner to your parents but you had not met his parents, then this says a lot about the relationship you had as it shows that you did not mean much to him and it proves that he was not the right person for you.
- Have you and your former partner broken up more than once?
Here are some online compatibility quizzes you can try:
Writing A Letter To Yourself To Get Over The Break-Up
Many people usually send a closure letter to their former partners after a break up to help them find peace as they start a new life as this experience is therapeutic. You can also write yourself a closure letter after a break up to help you get rid of the baggage that has the potential of making you to never be at peace or to never be able to move on.
When writing the letter, the focus should not be on your ex but about you. You should talk about how you are feeling without blaming yourself. You should also ensure that you don’t write the letter while you are intoxicated or unstable as that will defeat the purpose of this experience. For a closure letter to be effective you must write it while you are at the right state of mind as this will enable you to focus on things that really matter. The last thing to remember while writing the closure letter is that you should write it from the heart.
Shirt On Break Up To Get
Break up shirts are amazing and they speak volumes. Perfect examples of messages you can wear on your shirt to express yourself after a breakup include:
1. I used to be married but I’m much better now
2. Problem solved
3. Apparently I only date psychos
If breaking up was tough, above are some humorous take to lighten up.
Even though you might have experienced some break up before, going through it again still hurts as there is no getting immune to heartache when it comes to break-ups. The best you can do is to move on with your life and hope for a better tomorrow. Moving on from a break up is, however, not a simple as it sounds as it’s usually a very emotional process. If these emotions are not handled properly they can easily overwhelm us causing a lot of harm and this is why you need to know what to do after a break up in order for you to move on with your life.