Encouragement is an essential tool for not just achieving success, but also for staying firmly on the road towards success. It’s what keeps us away from the thoughts of quitting, especially when you’re surrounded by setbacks in a certain stage of your life. Encouraging words are hence the rays of sunlight that get through a hole in the wall of disbelief and broken spirit. But most of the times, these words aren’t what play a vital role in motivating us, but it’s the person who’s saying it.
If a successful person tells you that they’ve suffered through the stage you’re in, it’s an instant approval that things aren’t going as badly, you can actually make it. You’ve seen them rise to such a successful destination that they’re setbacks are shadowed, and their words instill a self-confidence within you that wishes to achieve that too. Today’s article showcases the words of a similar personality, a superstar who has played a huge part in all our childhoods; Emma Watson!
About Emma Watson
Source: Emma Watson's Twitter Account (@EmmaWatson)
If you’re a teen, or even in your early 20s, you’ve grown up with Emma Watson’s presence in your life as if she was a cousin. Back in the day, you’ve followed the adventures of the magical trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the legendary saga of the Harry Potter film series. That saga is mainly how Emma Watson’s fame skyrocketed after she landed her very first acting role as Hermione Granger. She’s an English model, and now an activist, who grew up in Oxfordshire.
She’s had quite a unique life since her childhood, as she was just 11 years old when she debuted in a film that grossed over $970 million worldwide. She had to split her attention and time between acting jobs and studies from 2011 to 2014. She graduated from Brown University and got a bachelor’s degree in English literature in 2014. She’s modeled for brands like Lancôme and Burberry and was honored as an actress by British Academy of Film and Television when she won “British Artist of the Year” in 2014.
Source: Emma Watson's Instagram Account (@emmawatson)
She’s obviously become a huge role model for numerous people as a clever, individual woman. She has inspired tons of people to stand up for themselves in terms of gender equality and other social issues. She was also appointed by UN Women as their goodwill ambassador! We’ve picked out some of her most empowering quotes, that will hopefully help you in driving towards your dream destination.
25 Quotes that Are Encouraging and Inspiring
1. “Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong…it is time that we all perceive gender on a spectrum not as two opposing sets of ideas.” ― Emma Watson
2. “I am willing to be seen. I am willing to speak up. I am willing to keep going. I am willing to listen to what others have to say. I am willing to go forward even when I feel alone. I am willing to go to bed each night at peace with myself. I am willing to be my biggest, bestest, most powerful self.” ― Emma Watson
3. “Young girls have told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior.” ― Emma Watson
4. “I like books that aren't just lovely but that have memories in themselves. Just like playing a song, picking up a book again that has memories can take you back to another place or another time.” ― Emma Watson
5. “I'm reading so much and exposing myself to so many new ideas. It almost feels like the chemistry and the structure of my brain is changing so rapidly sometimes.” ― Emma Watson
6. “If you want to run for Prime Minister, you can. If you don’t, that’s wonderful, too. Shave your armpits, don’t shave them, wear flats one day, heels the next. These things are so irrelevant and surface to what it is all really about, and I wish people wouldn’t get caught up in that. We want to empower women to do exactly what they want, to be true to themselves, to have the opportunities to develop.” ― Emma Watson
7. “Don’t let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do or achieve. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be. Just encourage and include each other, don’t ostracize the gender in front of you.” ― Emma Watson
8. “It’s almost like the better I do, the more my feeling of inadequacy actually increases, because I’m just going, ‘Any moment, someone’s going to find out I’m a total fraud, and that I don’t deserve any of what I’ve achieved.’ I can’t possibly live up to what everyone thinks I am and what everyone’s expectations of me are.” ― Emma Watson
9. “There's nothing interesting about looking perfect- you lose the point. You want what you're wearing to say something about you, about who you are.” ― Emma Watson
10. “I don't want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about.” ― Emma Watson
11. “When at 15, my girlfriends started dropping out of their beloved sports teams, because they didn’t want to appear muscle-y, when at 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings, I decided that I was a feminist.” ― Emma Watson
12. “It’s a journey and the sad thing is you only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn.” ― Emma Watson
13. “I’m a feminist, but I think that romance has been taken away a bit for my generation. I think what people connect with in novels is this idea of an overpowering, encompassing love – and it being more important and special than anything and everything else.” ― Emma Watson
14. “I don’t have perfect teeth. I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.” ― Emma Watson
15. “If not me, who? If not now, when?” ― Emma Watson
16. “The saddest thing a girl can do is dumb herself down for a guy.” ― Emma Watso
17. “If you truly pour your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen.” - Emma Watson
18. “It’s amazing, people get so detached from what they eat and what they wear. No one has any contact with how things are made that are put in their body and put in their mouths and I just find it alarming that no one questions it.” - Emma Watson
19. “I don’t want other people to decide what I am. I want to decide that for myself.” - Emma Watson
20. “I’m excited about the ageing process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling.” - Emma Watson
21. “Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love.” - Emma Watson
22. “I truly, truly believe that beauty is something that comes from within.” - Emma Watson
23. “I’m a multidimensional person and that’s the freedom of fashion: that you’re able to reinvent yourself through how you dress and how you cut your hair or whatever.” - Emma Watson
24. “We want to empower people to take action and make change and translate their passion into really doing something.” - Emma Watson
25. “I think that it is very important if you know what you want, understand where you are heading towards, and try your best to get it. It is only when we use our hearts to do it, and fall in love with what we are doing, then can we really get real determination.” - Emma Watson
Encouragement is absolutely essential, and getting it from the message is sometimes less effective than getting it from the messenger. This means, a quote can be wise and super-true, but we’d only genuinely believe in it if it comes from someone who has walked the walk, and hasn’t just spoken about it. Emma Watson is one of those personalities, she made it, and it’s not like she did it without setbacks.
This article takes you through the importance of attaining empowering energies from positive people, and explains why Emma Watson is one of the best public figures to achieve that from. Her quotes that we’ve featured revolve around improving your attitude towards things in general, and not being afraid to let the real you shine through to the outside world. No matter what gender you are, being yourself is the best possible choice you can make for yourself.