Why You Should Read Motivational Quotes To Help You Process your Sadness
For a lot of people, a breakup is a devastating experience to go through. Sometimes they see it coming but other times it took them totally by surprise, they didn't have a clue. It's always hard, no matter your age, or if you were together for a very short time or if you were together for years, you still feel pain and so much sadness.
Why do you think there are so many songs, poems, quotes, books about the end of a relationship. They talk about heartaches and broken hearts or about feeling betrayed or about how hard it is to move on. Did he break your heart by leaving you? You're having a hard time getting over the sadness of not being with him anymore and you can't see the light. What can you do?
The process of getting over him is a long one, the sadness and pain you're feeling are very real and the emotions are running high. You need to let them run their course, it's important that you mourn the end of your relationship. That's how you start to heal and eventually get better.
After you acknowledge your emotions and cry yourself out, you need to do things for yourself. Go be with your loved ones, spend time with your friends, with your family. They can be a great support system. It would also help you if you go to the gym (you need lots of doses of the good hormones), find yourself a new and exciting hobby, practice self-care, travel... and read some motivational quotes.
How can reading motivational quotes will help get over your sadness and your pain? They could work as mantras, and as obnoxious and cheesy as they may sound they work because they are a quick way to help your mind stay focus. Focus on what? On moving forward and that can keep you from spiraling down with all those anxious thoughts that you're bound to have after a breakup.
There are lots of motivational quotes out there that can help you find the right mantra to repeat whenever you find yourself drifting into a spiral of negative thoughts, especially when you have nothing else to focus on (at night when you're trying to fall asleep, or during a commute). Snap out of it and remember your mantra and repeat until your mind starts to focus again on more positive and moving onward thoughts.
35 Short And Inspirational Quotes To Cheer You Up
We'd like to help you find that inspirational quote that can motivate you to refocus your mind so that feelings of sadness and despair can slowly but firmly disappear. You'll get a little bit stronger every day until one day you're going wake up and your heart is going to be lighter and stronger.
We hope that these 35 inspirational quotes can cheer you up and give you hope that all this will pass. We're sure they'll get you ready to move on and leave the sadness and heartache in the past.
1. "Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have -life itself." -Walter Anderson
2. "Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself." -Deborah Reber
3. "Watching you walk away out of my life doesn't make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along." -Anonymous
4. "In order to grow and to experience, one must leave his comfort zone. Very often this means that you have to do what you are afraid of in order to find what you didn't know you were looking for. This takes a lot of courage." -Unknown
5. "Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go." -Len Santos.
6. "You're imperfect, and you're wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging." -Brene Brown
7. "She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails." -Elizabeth Edwards
8. "Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself as it's most brilliant." -Paulo Coehlo
9. "When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because a little piece gets lost -- the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed." -David Levithan
10. "I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best, than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived." -Margaret Mitchell
11. "Don't allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don't find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?" -Donna Lyn Hope
12. "I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; remember, no one can get the jump on the future." Carl Sandburg
13. "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." .Mary Pickford
14. "Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissist wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being." .Jean-Yves Leloup
15. "Every woman that finally figure out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change." -Shannon L. Alder
16. "No relationship is ever a waste of your time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you don't want." -Unknown
17. "The thing about happiness is that it doesn't help you to grow; only unhappiness does that. So, I'm grateful that my bed of roses was made up equally of blossoms and thorns." -Lana Turner
18. "Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You're aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus or is boarding a different ship, and you just can't be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn't be." -C. Joybell C.
19. "Don't you dare for one more second surround yourself with people who are not aware of the awesomeness that you are." -Karen Salmansohn
20. "When love is real it doesn't lie, cheat or make you feel unwanted. True love eases worries - it doesn't create worries." -The Never Again Program
21. "One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up." -Mandy Hale
22. "Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It's over." -Maggi Richard
23. "Often what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place." -Karen Salmansohn
24. "Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing." -Marcia Wieder
25. "I'm thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength". -Alex Elle
26. "Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars." -Violeta Parra
27. "A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along." -J.S.B. Morse
28. "How can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it's not fatal. Though you wish in vain it was, life continues on and you have no choice but to continue on with it. You take the hand that fate has dealt you and you press forward because there is nothing else that can be done." -Tracy Winegar
29. "Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities." -Patti Roberts
30. "And anything that might hurt me would just make me stronger in the end." -Elizabeth Eulberg
31. "A broken heart in real life isn't half as dreadful as it is in books. (...) It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams as if there were nothing the matter with it." -L.M. Montgomery
32. "With time the pain eases, the body recovers and the brain figures out new ways to go on." -Federico Chini
33. "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." -Ovid
34. "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." -Kenji Miyazawa
35. "Don't waste moments waiting and wondering. Don't throw away your time dreaming of someone that doesn't want you. No one is that amazing, certainly not the one who would pass you up." -Donna Lynn Hope
Getting over a broken heart is tough but with the right inspiration, you can start your healing process. Choose between the inspirational quotes above and find the one that can be your mantra to refocus your mind to cheer you up and move forward.