What is an Empath
An empath is a word used to rate people who have the social ability of empathy, which guarantees successful interaction with other people. Empathy is the ability to put yourself in the place of the other and make them know that you understand them of feeling like others, understanding their motives even without accepting or disagreeing with them.
The empathetic human being has a high sensitivity that allows them to worry about the problems and feelings of the people around them. In addition, they can capture body or gesture communication, which is not said in words called non-verbal communication. This makes it possible for them to read the feelings in the tone of voice, in the gestures, in the gaze, in the attitude of others, capturing emotional states.
Empaths also strive to give feedback to the other, showing them that they understand how they feel. They are good at dialogue, friendly, and receptive in conversations, treating the motivations of others' behavior with respect. They are people who know how to listen (not just listen), apply active listening, and respect the opinions and points of view of others, even when they disagree. An empathetic subject has an emotional profile that makes other people around him feel understood, contained, and listened to, preventing conflicts.
From the knowledge of the existence of multiple kinds of intelligence (artistic, spatial, abstract, etc.), empathy is considered an interpersonal intelligence, which goes hand in hand with emotional intelligence. It is acquired from childhood, where it begins to develop from the imitation of the emotions of others and with the strengthening of affective bonds. The person who lacks empathy has a selfish and indifferent behavior towards the needs, feelings, and problems of others, which leads to difficulties in work, couple, family, and social relationships.
What is a Claircognizant Empath
A claircognizant empath is someone who feels what other people are feeling. This does not mean that you can get an idea of how other people feel all the time, only sometimes. Being this type of empathetic means that you were born with the ability to enter another person's aura and explore the feelings and experiences of this person's life, on an intimate level.
Much of the time this is unconscious without you realizing what has happened and you know what it feels like to be that other person, so it is often that you feel like you can relate to them. Empathy is also a psychic gift and can be used to read to other people. You can feel the emotional, mental, physical, intellectual, or spiritual part of the person.
It is important to note that you may be an empath and not a claircognizant empath. This is if you want it that way.
On the downside ... well, there will be a lot of hassle until you learn to keep your empathy under control. One of the negatives is that the claircognizant empath is like a sponge (they are often as wet and full of other people's emotions - conscious and unconscious emotions).
This becomes exhausting. A lot of people are empathetic without knowing it. When this is your case, you always have the feeling that you are "weird" - that you have sensitivity problems that other people don't have and you feel different. But you are not always sure what is wrong with you or what this is.
How to find out if you are a Claircognizant Empath
Do you feel that maybe you are a claircognizant empath?
Let's see if you can relate to the following:
- Feeling the suffering of the world on a grand scale and wishing you could do something to help. Ironically, this makes you less equipped to help, because you feel overwhelmed.
- Difficulty seeing distressing news because you feel the pain of the people you are watching - as if you were these people.
- You find it difficult to be fully present in yourself when conversing with other people. This is because you are busy exploring their aura and trying to find answers to their life - not your own.
- Shyness - empathy can make you somewhat self-conscious as you are very aware of the effect your words have on another person and what they are thinking and feeling.
- You have a tendency to say "yes" to other people's requests and demands - almost as a spontaneous reflection; without thinking if you really want or can do it or not. When you are so immersed in the life and experiences of others who need help - how can you say no? It is only after you realize that you have forgotten yourself and your own needs.
- You have a general tendency to put your needs to the last and serve others on your own.
- You have a taste for long-distance relationships, and you like solitude. This is because an empath, intimacy, and closeness are his fault. But when you don't know how to stop yourself (since you spend exploring other people's auras) you sometimes need space to breathe, a place where you are not close to other people.
- You feel an affinity with the animal kingdom. When you are a claircognizant empath, you can get an idea of how other species experience their lives and you notice that you are able to relate to animals on a very deep level. Some people are plant empaths, and these have a deep connection to plants, trees, or nature.
- You feel responsible for how other people feel - and you help them feel better (even when it is not in your best interest to help.) You feel their emotions so keenly within you.
- A tendency to let relationships and friendships get too heavy (or too few trusting words) and new or old friends grow too fast.
- You have a strange tendency to feel aches and pains, but often around certain people.
- You often find yourself in an advisory role, where people throw their emotions at you, and you feel very exhausted by it.
- You have an emotional over-identification with the characters in novels, movies, and plays. It doesn't matter that they are not real characters because you can still feel what they feel and you even cry or feel sad.
- You have a tendency to forget how to have fun and clear your mind.
Claircognizant empath test
Take this free intuitive empath test to discover what your most powerful empathic gift is! Note: while we are all composed of a complex array of traits and capabilities, this test narrows down your main intuitive strength or potential and will give you which type of empath you are.
How to Strengthen my Ability
If you feel that you have any relationship with many of the signs described, then did you know that you can control your emotions that you feel? Instead of automatically exploring the aura of most of the people you meet, you can use your empathy only when you need to. This makes life so much lighter!
Empathy is a gift that many people have, but to varying degrees, although few people have this very high gift. But if you have the gift of empathy, what you need to know is how to turn it on and off. Ideally, you want to be able to use it as you wish and turn it on and then turn it off when necessary. Some naturally empathetic people know how to do it. But many do not know.
It's like having openings in your energy body, where your energy goes to others (which can put you in someone else's shoes). And also what happens is that the energy of these people enters inside you, so you get soaked in what is happening around you; from other people, places and events.
When you're a trained empath (when you can turn empathy on and off at will), it's a wonderful thing, and truly a gift because empathy allows us to see things clearly from other people's perspectives. Empathy arouses compassion in us. It allows us to connect and care about others. If we are able to feel and relate to what other people are going through, then we are more motivated to offer our help.
Thus, empaths tend to care for people. But if you are someone who still doesn't know how to turn off your empathy, your empathy is triggered and is usually activated when you least think about it, you may not even be aware that it is 'on'. Maybe you are walking around with your active empathy all the time. This can affect your quality of life.
The way to get the best out of this gift is to learn how to turn your empathy off. These are the three steps to do so:
1. Focusing on yourself - energy is like a tool for us, to learn to turn off your empathy when you need it, and to learn to be more focused in general.
2. Increasing your awareness of what causes your empathy to activate - understanding when your empathy is triggered - which means in other words, understanding which situations or people activate your empathy at any given time
3. Go from unconscious empathy to conscious empathy - understand why you can't turn off your empathy; Overcome your beliefs that may be limiting you and the unconscious choices you make about your empathy. Establish new intentions to manage your energy.
Many of us have many traits that we don't know how to recognize, control, or even name. That is why after reading this article, you will be much clear on what you feel, or someone around you feels, and thus you will be able to control it more and work with it better.