Even the most perfect marriage, in more ways than one, can have its periods of ups-and-downs. That’s a polite way of saying that it can be extremely stressful at times. One way to get through these patchy situations is to keep your sense of humor alive no matter how dire the situation.
For many, this challenging situation can appear in as early as the wedding day itself. Sometimes, the day you plan to be the most perfect one in your life, can turn into the most traumatic one. It helps a lot to keep your sense of humor here.
Brides trip over their wedding gowns, wedding cakes collapse, and the groom may get too nervous and hit the bottle too hard or the toastmaster may do so too make an embarrassing speech, whatever the situation, looking at the funny side may diffuse the situation. Even if everything is going as planned, and it's a perfect day, who doesn't love to hear a clever and witty speech at a wedding reception.
Here are some funny advice/quotes for both the bride and the groom that can be used in that direction.
Funny marriage advice for groom
- The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. – Henny Youngman
- If you want your wife to listen to you, then talk to another woman; she will be all ears.
- The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once. – Ogden Nash
- If a wife says, “Do what you want”; Do Not Do What You Want! Stand still. Do not blink. Don’t even breathe. Just play dead.
Never laugh at your wife’s choices because you are one of them.
Funny marriage advice for the Bride
Funny marriage advice for a Speech
The wedding speech is one of the most eagerly awaited part of the wedding reception. When writing one keep it short and concise and better still, full of humor. Keep it tasteful and keep your target audience in mind. Being offensive and vulgarism is a strict no-no.
Read on to get a few funny quotes that could liven up your speech and make it light-hearted.
Funny marriage advice for the wedding toast
A wedding toast just as a wedding speech needs to be tasteful and memorable. The following are some funny quotes you could use and edit and make it your own. Use these to deliver a wedding toast that will be remembered by all for all the right reasons for a long time to come.
- A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal.
- I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one’s wife happy. First, let her think she’s having her own way. And second, let her have it. – Lyndon B. Johnson
- Marriage is give and take. You better give it to her, or she’ll take it anyway – Joey Adams.
- The four most important words in any marriage – “I’ll do the dishes”.
- "My wife dresses to kill, she cooks the same way."- Henry Youngman.
Funny marriage quotes
Sometimes, it’s not about others but ourselves. If you are going through a rough patch in your marriage just look around and you will be surprised to find others in the same, if not worse, predicaments. Some are downright tragic while others are so comic that you will not be able to but laugh and thank heavens that that’s not where you are at.
These hilarious quotes relating to marriages will hopefully help you cheer up and give you the required patience to just wait and ride it out.
We all have got to admit; marriage is not a bed of roses. There is no perfect marriage as they say, just two imperfect people trying to navigate the tricky waters of life together and live a near-perfect life. There is no formula for the perfect marriage either. Unfortunately, no one can change this indisputable truth.
What we can do change and control, however, is our perspective on looking at things. No one wants to be around a negative and morose person. Complaining about a bad marriage doesn’t improve it but yes it does make it insufferable to those around you on account of your constant negativity.
So take a monumental decision to look at the glass being half full right now. Look for the silver lining in every dark cloud and you’re sure to find it.
Look for your silver lining to keep the humor in your marriage alive with these funny quotes and