The Connection Between a Moon and Romance
Of all the celestial bodies that we see with our naked eye, the moon is the one that has an indescribable effect on us. Its charm, magnificence, and illumination create a spell and marvel us with its grandeur. Not only does it look beautiful to the eyes but it also affects hormones and emotions. The connection between the moon and romance is not new. Men and women of every time have connected the moon to their romantic and sexual lives.
Love sees the beauty in everything and when you are in love, the entire universe seems mesmerizing. The flowers smell sweeter, birds sing along the melody of love and when you look at the moon you see the face of your beloved. Whether you are a poet or not, you surely would have shared a quote or two with your beloved about the moon. If not, here is your chance. Shared below are 20 romantic quotes about the moon that you can share with your girlfriend or boyfriend.
20 Quote about the Beautiful Moon
1. “The moon shines bright. In such a night as this. When the sweet wind did gently kiss the trees and they did make no noise, in such a night”.
Oh boy, how romantic does this sound? How when you are in love, everything looks prettier and brighter. Even the wind smells sweet and feels like kissing the trees. When you are with your beloved, the moon shines brighter on you with all its beauty and grandeur.
2. “It is the very error of the moon; she comes nearer earth than she was wont, and makes men mad”.
The word lunatic comes from Luna, the Roman goddess of the moon. The madness is thought to be caused by the effect the moon has on the man.
And see, how smartly Shakespeare blames the moon for the heightened emotions. Moon actually does have this effect on the human emotions just like it has on the waves. Since our bodies are made up mostly of water, the pull of the moon has the same effect on us as it has on tidal waves. It increases the levels of hormones that are responsible for sexual arousal and love-making.
3. “No, no, no, no! Come, let's away to prison: We two alone will sing like birds i' the cage: When thou dost ask me blessing, I'll kneel down, And ask of thee forgiveness: so we'll live, And pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh At gilded butterflies, and hear poor rogues Talk of court news; and we'll talk with them too, Who loses and who wins; who's in, who's out; And take upon's the mystery of things, As if we were God's spies: and we'll wear out, In a wall'd prison, packs and sects of great ones, That ebb and flow by the moon”.
Who wouldn’t want alone time with the love of their life? A world away from this hustle and bustle, a place where just two of you sing the song of love, only moon to witness your togetherness.
4. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change”.
How the moon inspires us in both positive and negative ways. Where on one hand it marvels us with its beauty, on the other, the change in its shape worries us on how it can affect our relationship. It starts from nothing and becomes full moon in a few days depicting the peak of the relationship and goes back to nothingness just after hitting the peak.
5. “As true as steel, as planets to the moon, As sun to day, at turtle to her mate, As iron to adamant, as earth to center”.
This is how Troilus expressed his love for Cressida, the trust, the most abundant and focused. Most romantic pieces of poetry are incomplete without the moon.
For Good Night
Whether you are living together or still thinking to move in with your loved one, tiny good night messages are all you want to end your night.
6. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” ― Carl Sandburg
Being unable to sleep is one of the perks of being in love. Sit by the window and talk to the moon and see how good you feel. All the loneliness you feel will vanish and you will suddenly feel like you are sitting next to your beloved.
7. “Sun is upset and moon is happy, because the sun is missing you and the moon is going to be with you, for rest of the night” – Anonymous
How thoughtful? A message like this would surely make a difference.
8. “When I see the moon smiling at me, reminds me at once of your brighter and sweeter smile”.
A good night message telling your sweetheart about how moon reminds you of their smile will put a smile on their face.
9. “Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you and misses you because one day you might wake up and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars”.
How unfortunate would that be? Don’t waste time running here and there when all you need to do is spend time with your beloved. Sometimes, no matter how much time you spend together, it always falls short. Time seems to fly when you are with your loved one.
10. “The moon is angry at me and jealous of you because I said that no one can light up my nights like my girlfriend”.
Ending the day with a message like this will surely be something for your girlfriend.
Short Romantic Quote
Love, no doubt, is the greatest power. It is fuel for the soul. It makes you see the beauty in the ugliest of things and find hope in the darkest of nights. No matter how intense or powerful the emotion is, it needs words to reach your beloved.
We have gathered some short romantic moon quotes for any mood. Share them with your beloved and amaze them with your thoughtfulness.
11. “I ignored your aura but it grabbed me by the hand like the moon pulled the tide and the tide pulled the sand”. –Talib Kwell
12. "Two things I'll forever be sure of, the sun will always fall for the moon and I will always fall for you."- R.M. Broderick
13. “And if you are ever feeling lonely, just look at the moon. Someone, somewhere, is looking at it too”.
Who will feel alone after a message like this?
14. “The moon is nothing but a circumambulating aphrodisiac divinely subsidized to provoke the world into a rising birth-rate”. -Christopher Fry
Witty, isn’t it? The gravitational pull of the moon heightens the emotions of love and romance and childbirth is a natural by-product.
15. “As long as we're under the same moon, I'll feel”.
That means feeling for the lifetime as the moon isn’t going anywhere neither is another one going to replace it. It’s surely a timeless message for your loved one.
On a Full Moon
Moon scene from the famous movie “Bruce Almighty” depicts the relationship between the full moon and romance and how these two are inseparable.
A must watch!
Watch it with your beloved and cherry on top would be one of these quotes about the full moon. Sharing these quotes with your girl/boyfriend on the night of the full moon will make their heart skip beats.
16. “This is not only a full moon for me. This is an image of your face for me.” ― -Gaurav GRV Sharma
17. “Sure, she loves him. But they've got two different ideas of love. He wants to dance with her on a terrace with a full moon and a thirty-six-piece orchestra; he wants to go singing through storms with her, like Gene Kelly. She knows about thirty-six-piece orchestras. You have to feed them, and then there's nothing left for the children.” ― Peter S. Beagle, A Fine and Private Place
But reality sucks. Kids or not, dancing on the terrace with the full moon will work though.
18. “Sometimes the sky looks so beautiful and at the same time earth also looks so beautiful and finally we look so beautiful as well! By just looking at nature you become the nature itself! Look at the beautiful full moon; you become a beautiful full moon!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
19. “Oh my sweet muse tell me what do I do on such romantic full-moon nights! You inflame my passion, and the moon serenades my obsession!” ― Avijeet Das
20. “We yearn for a full moon night every night!” ― Avijeet Das
Moon is the celestial body that orbits our planet but it is much more to the residents of this planet besides the obvious reasons. Not only is it responsible for illuminating our nights but also our relationships. Where some look at it to get an insight into their future, others assimilate it with their beloved and enjoy its company. For the lovers at heart, this article has a handful of quotes to enjoy and share with your boy/girlfriend.