What Is True Love
To fully grasp the meaning of true love, you must, first of all, understand love. Commonly defined as an intense feeling of affection for another person based on your ideals, beliefs, and judgment, love is a mental, physical and biological process. You view a person as attractive, desirable and close to perfection. They’re simply awesome in every way you can think of, once your mind has established how great that person is; your body reinforces the feeling with physical reactions.
Your brain releases a cocktail of chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, vasopressin, and norepinephrine. All these hormones create an atmosphere of bonding with the other person and an amazing feeling of constant happiness which is generally associated with being in love.
True love, on the other hand, goes beyond physical attraction and admiration, it’s an immeasurable and unwavering emotional, mental and physical connection with another person. With true love you see the person’s flaws yet love them even more, you meet each other's expectations, trust and accept one another unconditionally. Essentially, true love means a bond and connection on every level with someone that runs so deep that living without them will be unthinkable
25 Quotes About True Love
Beautiful words by those who believe in and have experienced true love to help express what you feel to that special someone in your life.
1. “true love is felonious… You take someone’s breath away… You rob them of the ability to utter a single word… You steal a heart.”
― Jodi Picoult
2. “Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment. ”
― Laurell K. Hamilton
3. True love asks no questions, makes no reservations, but puts itself unconditionally into the hands of the loved one.
– Paula Marshall
4. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
~ Pablo Neruda
5. True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.
– Ellen G. White
6. “True love will triumph in the end—which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.”
– John Green
7. Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it's a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.
-- Gwendoline Christie
Famous True Love Quotes
Quotes that are loved, remembered and have stood the test of time, not just because we can relate with what they express but also because they echo what we feel and believe in our hearts and souls but can't find the right words to express them.
8. For true love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
9. “The course of true love never did run smooth.”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
10. And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.
~ Les Miserables
11. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
~ Lao Tzu
12. I love you, not only for what you are But for what I am when I am with you.
~ Roy Croft
13. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
True Love Quotes For Him
14. I sense a certain something that in my heartfelt so true that I knew I waited all my life to fall in love with you
15. True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.
- Honore de Balzac
16. I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.
~ Lord of The Rings
17. When you truly love someone a part of you is stained in their Color.Their memories, their love, their mannerisms, their vocabulary it all becomes so yours. Whether they leave or they stay their stains are deeply ingrained. You may cover it on the surface but deep within they stay forever.
– Drishti Bablani
18. True love never needs the expression of words, it speaks the language blessed by God and when it speaks, only miracles happen.
– Mohsin Ali Shaukat
19. Love need not speak volumes. It need not demand proof. It never has a happy ending, simply because it doesn’t end as long as love is pure and true.
– Amit Abraham
True Love Quotes For Her
20. Life is a game and true love is a trophy.
– Rufus Wainwright
21. True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
– Erich Segal
22. True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.
– Ricardo Montalban
23. “True love is not about the hugs and kisses, the ‘I love you’s’ or the ‘I miss you’s’, but about the chills that hit every part of your spine when you think about him.”
24. Love consists of giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That’s why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange.
– Mortimer Adler
25. True love, especially first love, can be so tumultuous and passionate that it feels like a violent journey.
– Holliday Grainger
Whether you’re a believer in the true love of not, you can’t deny the fact that love is a great part of human existence. It’s a universal language we all understand, something everyone craves even when we don’t realize it. Some people have been blessed enough to have experienced true love, others haven’t been so lucky and some are looking forward to and anticipating this amazing experience. In whichever end of the spectrum, you find yourself these quotes will give you some perspective on love as a whole, and true love in particular.
As you go through them you get a glimpse of what it feels like to be totally and completely connected with someone on a multi-dimensional level. Words can’t even begin to express the intensity of such feelings but we hope these quotes can inspire you to share your feelings with those you love in a way they won’t be forgetting anytime soon.