About Coffee Meets Bagel Company Bio And Net Worth Today
Coffee Meets Bagel is an online dating platform designed to help singles make meaningful connections. The company's online dating platform is for busy singles who want to connect with their perfect partners and find love with little or no effort. Coffee Meets Bagel was launched in New York City on April 17, 2012, by three sisters: Arum, Dawoon, and Soo Kang. The sisters, are in their early 30s and emigrated to the U.S. from South Korea when they were teenagers.
They have degrees from Harvard Business School, Stanford Business School, and Parsons School of Design. They each left six-figure paying jobs to start the company. In 2015, Coffee Meets Bagel has featured on Shark Tank a TV show for startups where they came in seeking $500,000 for 5% of their company. Mark Cuban, offered to buy the entire company for $30 million but the sisters declined.
Since then, the company has witnessed tremendous growth and they have expanded. On May 10, 2012, Coffee Meets Bagel launched in Boston and on October 24, 2012, they also launched in San Francisco. In May 2018, the company raised $12 million in Series B funding.
Соffее Мееtѕ Ваgеl hаѕ an estimated net worth оf аbоut $150 mіllіоn. Despite all the competition, they’re up against from platforms like Tinder. The company оnсе rаіѕеd $7.8 mіllіоn іn ехtеrnаl fundіng whісh соntrіbutеd ѕіgnіfісаntlу it’s vаluе. The company received lots of backlash from the public when they refused the $30 mіllіоn buy out back in 2015, but they have come along way since then and are proving their critics wrong as they are counted today as one of the most successful online dating platforms.
Тhе арр іѕ still on the rise and currently they’re set to launch in Seattle. The company has plans to offer their services in four other cities by the end of the year, and other cities will be added once Coffee Meets Bagel receives 1,000 emails from users in any given city who are interested in the service.
How It Works
- Coffee Meets Bagel uses Facebook profile information to recommend suitable matches based on users' friends. CMB will match you with one person every day at noon, you have the option to like or pass and you’re given just 7 days to make contact.
- CMB does not connect you with random people, it’s often a friend of a friend, and if you both click like then they set up communication through text using a secure private phone line.
- Coffee Meets Bagel takes it a step further by offering you and your love interest-free gifts for dating spots around your city for your first date, awesome right?
- The platform boasts of being the only dating site and app that has more female users and designed to focus on women's needs that are overlooked by other sites. According to Dawoon, one of the sisters ‘’ "Single women are tired of signing up for dating websites only to get hit on by creepy strangers bombarding them with disgusting messages.
Dating Reviews With Coffee Meets Bagel
Here’s the rundown of a review of Coffee Meets Bagel made by experts on dating websites from Best Company. It details the pros, cons and overall take on the site based on data collected from active users.
New Twist on the Typical Dating App
Private Messaging System
Valentine's Day Data Breach
Only Paired with Mutual Likes
Can Go Weeks Without a Match
Basing Everything Off Facebook Profiles
The founders like to call Coffee Meets Bagel the "anti-tinder" app and according to ABC news, unlike Tinder that has 58% male users, Coffee Meets Bagel boasts a majority of female users. Coffee Meets Bagel uses an algorithm closely linked with the user's Facebook page to provide a quality match, leaving those busy with their careers having to exert little effort in finding a partner. Rather than just hooking up, Coffee Meets Bagel aims to match users with "a good one" and a lasting relationship.
The bottom line is that this dating mobile app requires very little effort and is said to have a high response rate for users. Coffee Meets Bagel is relatively low risk and inarguably "spices up one's lunch hour" by bringing users one match every day at noon. The numbers speak for themselves-Coffee Meets Bagel has matched up over 10,000 relationships.
1. "Using Coffee Meets Bagel was quite a new experience since only a limited number of matches are shown every day. After pressing like or pass on all the matches, I had to wait 24 hours before I could be given other matches. It's pretty much a waiting game on the next matches, then on when you're going to be connected to someone, and after that waiting for that connected match to reply to your message. If you don't want to spend much money on this app, you're going to have to be very patient in using it. The activities like Photo Lab were fun though. I was able to meet interesting individuals through it."
- Male Nurse (25)
Rating: ★★★★★ 3.9/5.0
2. Rebecca Goodman
October 5th, 2016 Beech Grove, IN''When first using the app it was super easy to navigate and kept it simple. I liked that it limited my amount of people or 'coffee beans' that I would like. At the end of it all, I found the love of my life without having to sift through tinder or some other poorly designed dating app. The app also helps you with basic templates to get you started on your profile and I also really liked that your name stays anonymous until there are mutual feelings''.
Rating: ★★★★★ 4.5/5.0
3. ‘’The idea was that users of the Coffee Meets Bagel app would every day receive a few, quality matches over hundreds of randos. As observed, it has been efficient in saving time and effort for busy young professionals and effective in creating quite a number of successful relationships. Although there are fake profiles to be wary of, CMB can still be a useful tool in your dating life if you use it wisely and diligently.’’
- The Editor of datingscout.com
Rating: ★★★★★ 4.9/5.0
May 25th, 2018 Tustin, CA.''Coffee Meets Bagel is untruthful. They will give you the bottom of the barrel in terms of matches. You will have 20 new people in your inbox at noon. That part is true. The problem is none are attractive. The other BS algorithm they use is this: they know which profiles are liked the most, so they put them on discovered so you will put them on your “they are perfect for me list” - problem is, you only can do that so many times, but sure enough you can buy their BS beans (points) and “like” that group of hotties just to inform them that you think they’re hot. If you call a spade, a spade, you will soon realize that you spent $24.99 for 5 swipes and you will wait for a message that isn’t coming''.
Rating: ★★★★★ 3.0/5.0
Coffee Meets Bagel is an online dating app with a twist, they promise their users curated matches every day. The app is completely free if you do not purchase in-app "coffee beans." Coffee beans are the virtual currency Coffee Meets Bagel uses. All you need is to sign up and link your Facebook account. The algorithm will handle the rest for you.
It’s easy to use and has certain advantages like for example the app is female-centric and even more features. Though it’s initially free, there’s a possibility to upgrade and get more than one match a day. This is done by buying ‘’bagels’’ to increase your chances of finding a good match and reduces the waiting period.