The Definition Of Married Couples
Marriage is one of the things you can be sure to find in almost all cultures. Its definition and dynamics, however, might differ from one culture to another and from one religion to the other. The most accepted definition of marriage is that it’s legal and a social bond between two persons. A marriage can, therefore, be referred to as a merger that brings together two individuals emotionally, legally, and economically.
There are very many types of marriages and there are such as celestial marriage, arranged marriage, common law marriage, civil marriage, interracial marriage, same-sex marriage, and polygamy, among many others. Celestial marriage is the one that follows the doctrine of Mormonism while an arranged marriage is one where the groom and the bride are brought together by other people. Common law marriage is a union by repute and habit while a civil marriage, on the other hand, is one that is sanctified as a civil bond without involving religion. Interracial marriage refers to a union between two persons who are from different races, same-sex marriages are those that involve persons of the same gender, and polygamy is a type of union where a man has more than one wife.
Questions Everyone Want To Ask Every Married Couple
Marriage is sweet but it has a lot of ups and downs and this is why those who are not yet married but are looking forward to tying the knot at some point of their life should take their time to ask what marriage is all about. For this kind of task, you have to look for a couple that is happily married and you have to ask them the right questions. This ensures that you know what marriage is all about before making a decision to join the institution. The following are examples of questions you can ask married couples:
1. How do you manage your finances?
How you manage your finances as a married couple says a lot about the health of your marriage. Finances are a very delicate issue and they require trust; this is one of the things that can cause trouble in a marriage if not handled properly. Asking a happily married couple how they handle their finances is a very good idea as they might give you an idea that might one day save your marriage.
2. How do you figure out your household chores?
This is another interesting question you should ask every married couple. It might seem like a trivial matter but the issue of household chores is a real one when people get married. This is because our sharing of household chores is mostly based on what we saw our parents do. This approach, however, might not always work as things keep changing with time. Getting to know how different couples handle their household chores is good as it allows you to have a flexible approach to the matter when your time of getting married comes.
3. Is arguing normal?
When two independent-minded people come together you can expect them to have different opinions on various things and this difference of opinions is what brings about arguments. Asking what couples do when there is an argument is very essential as if not handled in the right way; arguments can lead to ugly confrontations which is very unhealthy for a marriage. Having this information equips you with knowledge of how to repair a relationship after an argument and it’s one of the skills you will need to have for your marriage to work.
4. What are some of the boundaries you have to protect your marriage?
A husband and wife are joined together to become one after they tie the knot, this does not mean that there will not be things such as temptations which can lead to the breakdown of the marriage. You should ask a married couple how they protect their marriage from such things as important as it might one day help you to save your marriage.
Married Couple Life
Married life is amazing! When you get married you begin your new life as newlyweds and this is one of the most exciting times of your life. This period usually lasts up to four years and it is characterized by a lot of happiness which is why it’s also known as the honeymoon period. This period is not always smooth as the couple must learn how to integrate their individual lives into their new life where they have one legal, social, and financial status.
After the newlywed stage is over the next part is the most challenging one as it’s where you focus on building a family and strengthening your marriage by creating a stronger bond. After years of marriage, you enter the last stage of your marriage which is the later years where you are both old. This stage is almost like the honeymoon stage as you have accomplished most of your goals as a couple which gives you a lot of freedom. The only drawback is that this is the stage where you are likely to experience some health issues and loss of abilities but that is nothing compared to the amazing life you both had.
Married Couple Quotes
1. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.”
2. “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.”
Barbara De Angelis
3. “I think of love and marriage in the same way I do plants: We have perennials and annuals. The perennial plant blooms, goes away, and comes back. The annual blooms for just a season, and then winter arrives and takes it out for good. But it's still enriched the soil for the next flower to bloom. In the same way, no love is wasted.”
Glennon Doyle Melton
4. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.”
5. “It's so important to keep a marriage alive with small treats and doing little things for each other. Just remembering to say nice things and to have listening time is vital. That ghastly phrase 'quality time' means taking three minutes to sit down and be still with someone rather than yelling over your shoulder as you rush out.”
6. “In my mind, marriage is a spiritual partnership and union in which we willingly give and receive love, create and share intimacy, and open ourselves to be available and accessible to another human being in order to heal, learn and grow.”
7. “You don’t marry one person; you marry three: the person you think they are, the person they are, and the person they are going to become as a result of bring married to you.”
8. “Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.”
9. “Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family - a domestic church.”
Pope John Paul II
10. “Being in a successful marriage is no different than being cast in a successful movie. It's all about who you pick; in that first moment, did you pick the right person? I think you need to pick somebody who's more interested in being married than in getting married.”
Interesting Date Night Ideas For Married Couples In A Long-Term Relationship
Getting married does not mean that you stop being romantic as marriage is just like any other romantic relationship; for it to work, it needs constant input from both parties. One of the amazing ways of keeping the fire burning in your marriage is having regular date nights. Elegant date night ideas you might use include outdoor dates such as taking a walking tour around the city or visiting a greenhouse. Those who love eating can opt to go for foodie dates such as taking a cooking class together, visiting a brewery, or even looking for a unique restaurant. Sports lovers can go for sporty dates such as skydiving and hiking.
There are a lot of misconceptions about marriage and this post aims at shedding more light on the topic. Marriages are not easy and they take a lot of dedication and hard work for them to work as there are a lot of challenges that you will face along the way. Knowing what marriage is all about is essential as it helps us get prepared.