25 Mean and selfish quotes for fake friendships
Friendship is a wonderful thing, a kind of miracle. There's another person that gets you, that is weird just like you, a person who laughs at your very bad jokes and walks with you even though you have no idea where you're going. A person who's there for you when things go south and cheer you on when things are soaring. When you find a friend or friends that can share the good and the bad, the normal or the weird, you know you have found a treasure and you should cherish it.
That is why when you discover that that friend who you thought had your back and was with you because he or she cared is a total fake, it really hurts. You feel betrayed and very devastated. Learning how to spot a fake friend is a skill you need to hone so you'll save yourself some heartache. Do you suspect that someone in your group isn't being a real friend? How can you be sure?
You need to be on the lookout for certain behaviors or attitudes that can clue you in when someone's faking the friendship. A friend is not going to judge you, he/she is going to love you and accept you as you are. Beware of jealousy too, friends cheer you on when you succeed, they don't make mean comments or try to diminish your accomplishments.
A fake friend is selfish, they think only about themselves so they use you when they need a favor but won't do anything for you. A friendship is a double way street, it's a give and take in equal parts. A real friend supports you even with those small dreams, fake ones try to distract you from achieving them. When you're with a fake friend, you can't be yourself as they expect you to behave a certain way and when you don't meet those conditions they get angry or say mean things to you.
A fake friend is not sincere, he/she may fool you at the beginning but eventually, you'll realize the hypocrisy and the lies. A fake friend breaks promises, they always have excuses for not doing what they promise and it's never their fault.
You don't need all that toxicity in your life, you need to surround yourself with positive and real friends, someone that can enrich your life and whose life you can enrich too.
Whether you suspect there's a fake friend in your group of friends or you have had a bad experience with a person you thought was your friend and want to remember that lesson learned so not to repeat it, there are some mean and selfish friendship quotes to alert you and remind you.
We've compiled a number of them, they might inspire you to put the quits on that toxic friendship and also to restore some faith in yourself because that person's behavior is not on you, you have the ability to attract positiveness into your life.
1. "Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don't always see them but they are always there." -Habeeb Akande
2. "Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies." -Israelmore Ayivor
3. "Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It'll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that image called "perfection", which will open the doors to the most important relationship you'll ever be part of." -Dean Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
4. "Buy a gift for a dog, and you'll be amazed at the way it will dance and swerve its tail, but if you don't have anything to offer to it, it won't even recognize your arrival; such are the attributes of fake friends." -Michael Bassey Johnson
5. "Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away." -Ismail Haniyeh
6. "We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back." -Mufti Ismael Menk
7. "I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could all claw each other's eyes out and call it a day; instead, we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all." -Jody Gerhman
8. "An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake." -Zero Dean
9. "It may... be judged indecent in me to come forward on this occasion; but when I see a fellow-creature about to perish through the cowardice of her pretended friends, I wish to be allowed to speak, that I may say what I know of her character." -Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
10. "Tell people how it is, be real and be honest. If you see something wrong make sure you speak up. Being this way will naturally eliminate the snakes and fakes." Jonh Maiorana
11. "Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back." -Michael Bassey Johnson
12. "It is hard to deal with someone who smiles and pretends to like you to your face and sticks that eight-inch blade in your back when you turn around." -Nishan Panwar
13. "If you want to be my friend, I prefer honesty to fake promise. I was never one to run with the wolves." -Christina Strigas
14. "If you don't find the right set of eyes to see through your bull, you will always be surrounded by friends that will tell you white lies because they like your company and don't want to ruin the evening." -Shannon L. Alder
15. "It takes a special kind of person to be a hater, but only a true loser will give the impression of being your friend while resenting every progress/success in your life." -Cory Stallworth
16. "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." -Buddha
17. "Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you've planted. The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer." -Israelmore Ayivor
18. "False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives true life and animation to the object it supports." -Richard Burton
19. "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means." -Charles Kingsley
20. "The sieves of time filter out the fakes from the real. Don't look back for them they were filtered out for your refinement." -Wordions
21. "Time alone can prove the worth of friendship. As time goes by we lose the false ones and keep the best. True friends stay when all the rest are gone." -Ritu Ghatourey
22. "I used to think enemies were the worst people in the world, but that was until I met fake friends and realized that they're a lot worse." -Author Unknown
23. "The most dangerous among us come dressed as eagles and we learn too late they are chickens in disguise." -Carlos Wallace
24. "They say never ride with the ones you didn't walk with, real friends show you real love not only talk it. I made the team but figure out the game wasn't important when I found my homies switching sides the nights we wasn't scoring." -John Maiorana
25. "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." -Arnold H Glasow
We hope that after some reading and pondering you have finally decided to finish that toxic and fake friendship. You'll not be losing a friend because he or she was never really your friend. You don't need mean and selfish people in your life. You deserve happiness and someone who's there no matter what.